Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Default 0.25/0.50 NL 6max, two hands, please comment all streets

Hand 1:

6 max, 6 players.

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.50 (his stats: 53/17, he is the reason I stay at this table) I decide to reraise to isolate with AQo on the button to $4.50 (I usally fold here if a normal player raises before me, too weak?) my stats: 13/7. Rest of the table folds and he calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot: $9.75) He pushes all in for $18 (I cover). I?

He could have me crushed here with AK, he could also be on a flushdraw or just wants me to fold Ax when he has KK, QQ or JJ.

Hand 2;

6 max, 5 players.

I openraise to $2.50 with KQs (diamonds). Folded to BB who reraises to $5.50 (his stats: 13/10, his stack is $46). I almost always fold here (weak?) but the raise seemed very odd to me so I decied to call this time.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot: $11.25) He bets $8 which is a normal size continuation bet for him. I have overs (good against JJ atleast), a gutshot and second nut flushdraw and I figure he has big pair now and if I hit I can bust him probably. So I call.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot: $27.25) To my supprise he checks and I check behind (I still think I can get the money in if I hit)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot $27.25) He now bets out $8 which is kinda odd to me. He either hit AQ or he missed with AK I figure. I?

[these hands are from Doyle's room, there is no converter I think]
Old 02-05-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: 0.25/0.50 NL 6max, two hands, please comment all streets

Was the hands that unintresting? My other post only got one responce also, is there anything I can do to make it better?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 AM

hand 1, standard, yes pretty much call its too weak to fold .....personally id reraise a little more also, and is this 50NL? definitely call the overpush.

hand 2, easy flop call but i would raise, check turn, call river......i might be inclined to pitch it PF a REAL raise and vs some players but with such a tiny raise he is beggining you to call and take his stack on favorable flops.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 AM

It realy is 100NL but $0.25/0.50 blinds, so calling it 100NL would only be confusing that is why I wrote the topic as I did.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:31 AM

You mean it is 0.25/0.50 deep?
What are the stack sizes for the hands?

As far as I can tell villain is under half a buy-in. He is pretty loose, but he only has a PFR of 17. Do you have the backdoor flush draw? Seen what villain might be showing down in these spots. Due to the stack sizes I would call the first hand. It's only 2* pot on the flop against someone you consider to be a fish. I don't think his range is that tight from UTG+1 for this to be a losing play for you.

I think I would raise/shove the flop on the second hand. Shoving draws with 12+ outs is +EV. As played I think you have an easy call on the river. I don't see much value in raising against such a tight player.
From what position did you raise? I think I would fold against someone with a VPIP of 13 who reraises me from the blinds. Except if I opened from the button.

I think your stats are extremely tight for a 6 max game. I usually call AQ with position against open raisers. I only reconsider when it is UTG and I think villains range is too tight for me to call profitably.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 AM

Hand 1: He started with a $22.50 stack.

Hand 2: Villian has $46 stack.

I cover both.

Yes this is "deep" 0.25/0.50 NL, 200bb possible buy in (but very few buy in for this amount)

Edit: I openraised UTG in hand 2, and I called beacuse I had position on him and his raise was not very large.

Edit2: Yes I do play very very tight, but it is beacuse I want to avoid as much variance as possible to avoid tilting (this has always been my nr1 problem). What would a "normal" ptbb SD/100 be? 40-50?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 AM

1. Easy call.
2. I think a push on the flop is great idea. I think a lot of better hands fold (A-high duh!) and if you are called you have great equity. On the turn a check behind is good. Call river. You are getting fantastic pot odds, who cares what he has.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:55 AM

1. Call. Folding AQ to a raise is really weak, I usually re-pop it unless it's a TAG.

2. Pushing the flop is debatable, but I can see why you are wary, and if you don't push the flop, the way you played the hand was quite fine.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Thanx for the answers. I just wanted to know how these type of situations are normaly played. Since I play so tight I very rarly have AQ in an reraised pot or KQs for that matter.

Hand 1: I thought for a while and put his range on AK, Ax (any x besides K), a high pair and flushdraw. This time I called since he was the table fish that I wanted to bust. Turned out he had K2s for a flushdraw and my hand held up.

Hand 2: The tight player that reraised me had reraised so litte I called in a rather dangerous situation preflop. I would have folded if I were not suited. When he checked turn it screamed AK to me and I did not want to bet into that big of a pot and I checked behind. The river was strange, it seemed to me that he hoped I missed my flush and bet out so I would fold it. Little did he know I hit my hand and I ended up calling beacuse of the pot odds. He showed AJs (hearts) and I was supprised to see that he reraised me with that (even more so from the blinds) and I won.

The hands might have been ultra standard for others but I am very rarly in these situations.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:23 PM

hand two, if he had rr pf more you fold, but punish him for rr so little. Great flop for you, look to get it all in with combo draw.

in short, raise the [censored] outta that flop. i wouldn't even mmind just a snap push.

as played call river. no sence in raising, your hand has some value here.