Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Breaking the Money Flow Log Jam (X-posted from Internet Gambling)

I suspect WPEX is setting up a paradigm which will be the future for payment processing and cut the DOJ Gordian Knot.

link to post describing process

The legislation and DOJ focus is on payments that facilitate gaming. Therefore, deposit = exposure. When the depositing and withdrawal mechanisms are tied together, pressure on one side of the transaction ties up withdrawals on the other. If this is true, then formats like epassporte or any other deposit/withdrawal service remain vulnerable to having withdrawals frozen.

What's needed are:

a.) ways to make deposits that are relatively easy for impulse play and keep the receiver unidentified or identified as something other than a gaming site[;]

b.) ways to withdraw that are not tied to the deposit and where the receiver is unidentified in any third party database other than the [site's] [.]

At this stage, U.S. deposit options include credit/debit cards for some and SwiftPay/Moneygram Express for all. The wire options, available at many locations including Walmart, (24-7 access near just about everybody), use numbers to identify the sender and his account and a recipient specified by the site to make the transfer. This would seem to be impossible to block given the fluidity with which the recipient name can be changed. And it's at most 30 minutes away for anyone wishing to reload. I'm not sure if the same fluidity exists for cards, but at least wires and snail-mail seem to offer it.

On the withdrawal end, the WPEX solution does not tie the card to a specific person electronically, only to an account with funds in it accessed by the card and a password by the recipient. This account could conceivably be held at any institution because the institution and the account has not been used to facilitate deposits for online gaming. The poker site itself is the only party knowing the connection between deposits and withdrawals. And they probably do not have financial assets or personnel in U.S. if they're smart.

IMHO, this represents the shape of a secure and dependable financial world for our chosen pursuit in the short term, and maybe for the long haul as well.

Game on!
Old 02-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Breaking the Money Flow Log Jam (X-posted from Internet Gambling)

You just posted this in the zoo and there's no reason for 2 threads.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:30 PM

The dual posting simply reflects my indecision about where to best post it viz. the subject matter. No offense intended. I'm relatively new to the forums and still learning. If it goes against acceptable practice, please remove it.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Zoo is proper
Closed Thread