Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Bottom set + top oesd on coordinated board facing tons of action

Just wanted a line check here. This hand happened a while back so I don't have the history. $25PLO six-max, 100BB stacks are the maximum, I have 3389 in the BB, five-way limp pot, flop came 367 rainbow, I think I checked and the action then went bet, push, push, push...call here? There are some disparate stack sizes involved but I can't remember them, but it's hard to know how to read that anyway. If a shorty shoves then a big stack shoves over him, is it possible to narrow one or the other's range to the set? Anyway was just curious if this was probably a call under most circumstances. I definitely expect to be up against both 45 and a bigger set here 100% of the time fwiw, maybe the bigger set slightly less frequently (still like 80% probably).

*Edit* Also, is my action different if the flop is two-tone?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Bottom set + top oesd on coordinated board facing tons of action

fold. chances of you looking at a bigger set or somethign in there with 6789 or some such hand is pretty damn good... which would make you 1 card to win. Unless you're positive you're staring at 3 other straights, this is a fold in my book.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Two-way hand (one of which is to the nuts) + just 100BB at risk + side pot potential + bad players = I'm not folding.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 PM

this is a pretty sick spot, you should generally call because you have such a good hand. But the stack sizes are important - e.g. if it goes shorty shoves, bigger stack reshoves it is different from if it goes shorty shoves, shorty calls all in.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:00 AM

This is a sick spot because they probably have a straight already which means they have a ton of blockers on you catching a bigger straight.

Bottom set may be trouble also because if the board pairs you may be losing to a bigger full house. After careful consideration- folding is probably correct, but I would bet most players felt with this (myself included).
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

*Edit* Also, is my action different if the flop is two-tone?

[/ QUOTE ]

If flop is two tone, the fold is even easier. bigger straight draw no good, and the chances of having someone shoving with two pair/set with flush draw increases tremendously... making it a 1 outer for you to win the pot.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 AM

I think stacksizes are tremedously important. And it is a very tough spot. I would probably stick it in. But man, you could be up against one clean out and some split outs quite often.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 AM

tough fold but I think it is the right play, set is likely not good and str8 is probably to a split
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was a hell of a spot too. I ended up calling. In retrospect I think it is probably close but folding might be a little better. I neglected to mention this in the OP but the actions were all just about instantaneous, making it more likely imo that I was up against multiple straights. Another fine point about this too is that, at these stakes, players are just as likely to limp RANDOM 45 hands like AJ45s or something, than to stick strictly to connectorish 45 hands where some more of my outs are likely gone (on either end).

Results in white:

<font color="white"> My hand again: 3389 Flop: 367 Turn: T River 7, and I lose the main pot to one of the shorter players in the hand who had 66xx. Two of the bigger stacks had random 45 hands, so I beat them. I lost 4 dollars (16BB) net on the hand hehe. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]