Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Default 50NL - time to burst my never fold AA bubble?

The deep stack behind me was pretty donky, but the BB was pretty solid. If BB had pushed i would probebly insta call, but it really seems like 99 77?

Full Tilt Poker
$/$ No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $15.9
BB: $116.55
UTG: $51.40
Hero (MP): $49.25
CO: $195.10
BTN: $66.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, CO calls $2.25, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $1.75, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.75, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, CO calls $5, BB calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($21.75, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $22.50</font>, BB calls $22.50, Hero folds
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: 50NL - time to burst my never fold AA bubble?

why check the turn?

edit: and wow why is your flop bet so huge?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:03 PM

I know they say not to post reults, but I'm sure this one was:

[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
$/$ No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $15.9
BB: $116.55
UTG: $51.40
Hero (MP): $49.25
CO: $195.10
BTN: $66.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, CO calls $2.25, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $1.75, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.75, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, CO calls $5, BB calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($21.75, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $22.50</font>, BB calls $22.50, Hero folds

<font color="black">River:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice fold.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 PM

It sucks but I think your fold was probaly correct. With two people fighting over that pot you are probably beaten. You might be ahead some of the time, but I think you are right in suspecting 99 or 77. Also one of them could have a duece in spite of your preflop raise. Too many things that beat you to make the call. Good hand, you'll get them next time.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:09 PM

BB had 22 didn't he? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would fold the turn as played. If BB had folded then I think I might push. Big stacks seem to bluff more than normal (especially when they are donks) and I've noticed that aggressive people use the bet pot button on FTP when they are bluffing. Add that to the fact that he could have TT,JJ or something else strange and I think you are ahead enough - and your check showed weakness.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:15 PM

Ya, I like the fold. I think the CO has an overpair, but I have no idea what the BB has. So I'm folding.