Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Players getting trickier at 1/2 limit?

I didn't intially notice a lot of difference in the quality of play at 1/2 tables following the Neteller situation, but recently I've noticed much trickier play on the turn and river at 1/2 (I play on Stars, btw). In the past couple of sessions, I've called several turn and river checkraises with hands I'd typically fold and caught people bluffing. This used to never happen...several months ago, these would be autofolds. Also, after midnight, the wide majority of players seem to be extremely TAG (even on weekends, which certainly didn't use to be the case). Anyone else notice this trend, or have I just run into a random string of tougher tables recently?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Players getting trickier at 1/2 limit?

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't intially notice a lot of difference in the quality of play at 1/2 tables following the Neteller situation, but recently I've noticed much trickier play on the turn and river at 1/2 (I play on Stars, btw). In the past couple of sessions, I've called several turn and river checkraises with hands I'd typically fold and caught people bluffing. This used to never happen...several months ago, these would be autofolds. Also, after midnight, the wide majority of players seem to be extremely TAG (even on weekends, which certainly didn't use to be the case). Anyone else notice this trend, or have I just run into a random string of tougher tables recently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure that making those 'autofolds' back then was the correct play?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:23 PM

The autofolds were a result of calling lots of turn and river raises with TPTK and almost never winning at SD. Once I stopped calling these reraises, my win rate increased significantly. You're right though, def. a chance that I let too many good hands go and went too far in the opposite direction.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 PM

yes, the games are getting tougher. 1/2 used to be easy, relatively, and now it's pretty hard. stars is in my opinion way the tightest site right now though, for limit games. maybe try another site.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, the games are getting tougher. 1/2 used to be easy, relatively, and now it's pretty hard. stars is in my opinion way the tightest site right now though, for limit games. maybe try another site.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love PokerStars and will probably keep playing there a significant amount of the time, but I am curious what experiences you have with Full Tilt Poker Post-Frist. Between the possibility of chasing the bonus and the change of scenery (to my frog and other avatars), I'm considering expanding to full tilt.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've called several turn and river checkraises with hands I'd typically fold and caught people bluffing. This used to never happen...several months ago, these would be autofolds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If before you would typically fold or autofold, how would you know they were bluffing? Now that you are calling you are catching the bluff. I'm confused.

It is also the end of the month, I have noticed a slight tightness at the end, and the first of the month being more loose. Possible you are on the wrong tables.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 AM

i look at pokerstars, say the 1/2 limit, and most of the tables have average pots under $10 -- 5 BB. This, frankly, is awful. I cleared their bonus the other week and it was like pulling teeth. Glad you love it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i look at pokerstars, say the 1/2 limit, and most of the tables have average pots under $10 -- 5 BB. This, frankly, is awful. I cleared their bonus the other week and it was like pulling teeth. Glad you love it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any suggestions for sites with better 1/2 games?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've called several turn and river checkraises with hands I'd typically fold and caught people bluffing. This used to never happen...several months ago, these would be autofolds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If before you would typically fold or autofold, how would you know they were bluffing? Now that you are calling you are catching the bluff. I'm confused.

It is also the end of the month, I have noticed a slight tightness at the end, and the first of the month being more loose. Possible you are on the wrong tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was referring to bluffs I've caught recently by calling turn and river checkraises. There's obviously no way to know for sure whether or not someone was bluffing if you don't call.

You're right, I might be picking the wrong tables. What ranges do you look for in terms of % of players seeing flop and avg. pot size?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 AM

sure, full tilt has better 1/2 plus bonus and rakeback. ultimate bet has better 1/2 and the best bonus and rakeback combo around. nonamericans i'm sure are enjoying party right now, or ongame, or a ton of other sites.