Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Wheeling Girls and Poker...

I'm a 4th year engineering student at a college near Toronto, Canada and have been playing poker for about a year and half now. I've won a good chunk of money (to the tune of almost 7 digits) however it really hasn't changed my lifestyle much. Other than the odd thing like a nice Rolex and some cool shoes, I'm not exactly the "balla" type, nor am I at a school where this image is very popular anyways. My question is regarding how other college kids that have won money playing poker deal with girls and their poker winnings. Do you ever let a random girl at the bar that you're wheeling know that you play poker? That you play for your sole income? That you've won alot of money? How about girls that you already know and you're pretty sure that they know of your winnings too?

I'm finding the following things happening:

Random girls that I'm wheeling generally don't believe the amounts of money I've told them anyways. I've never actually come out and said "yeah I play poker and have won whatever" but I've had friends introduce me as such or whatever or they ask what I do and inevitably when they find out I play poker they ask how I've done.

As for girls that already know me, I feel like its way easier to take them home from the bar now. But I'm finding it much harder to close the deal on the first night or first few times of hanging out. My theory is that they're more interested in a relationship (for the money) and thus they don't want me thinking they're a sl*ut.

Anyways, I just wanted to know what other people's experiences are with this stuff.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Wheeling Girls and Poker...

don't say a thing about poker, ever. or you will be starting a 'dumbest things people have said when you told them you play poker' thread.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Op,

I sure hope that the tattoo in your avatar isn't of your arm.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM

is "wheeling girls" a common language? i gotta start using that phrase more...

mention that you play poker. if they ask how much you've won, don't give them a number. they won't believe. just say, "meh, i donno, but i was able to buy this watch with my winnings (show fancy watch) and these shoes (show fancy shoes)." done.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Nice... what college and major? I'm fourth yr Manufacturing Engineering at University of Toronto St George Campus.

I find it better not to tell girls bout poker. I made a mistake a while ago about this and I ended up witha gold digging gf for bout 3 weeks before I dumped her. I think you'll find that you'll scare off the nice, sweet girls who dont like gamblers (I've been told that a lot of them prefer janitor bfs who make 20K a year compared to a good poker player bf who makes 100K a year). You'll only attract the wrong type of girl imho.

Also, if you bring up poker, you'll end up having to answer a lot of [censored] questions from people who have no idea bout the game.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't say a thing about poker, ever. or you will be starting a 'dumbest things people have said when you told them you play poker' thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
fully agree. bragging about winnings and all that other [censored] is gay, especially when your talking to someone for the first time.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:40 AM

just flash the rolly on your wrist mr balla.

There's already a thread about discussing poker with females
Old 02-02-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Op,

I sure hope that the tattoo in your avatar isn't of your arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tatty's actually been very good when it comes to wheeling girls. My arm's twice as big now anyways so when I'm peaking a little bit of it out under a shirt it gets broads starting convorsations with me wondering what the full tattoo is and such. So to answer your question, yeah, that is my arm..
Old 02-02-2007, 04:08 AM

wheeling? wtf

beat: community college.

beat: any tatoo with japanese [censored] in it.

beat: using the word "wheeling".

brag: rolexes are balla.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:53 AM

OP is basically asking how to get like 10 slooots a night like an NBA baller without coming off too much as a douchebag.