Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Help me gain 10-15 lbs of muscle by July.

This is an actual PM I sent to someone on here, but their PM box is full. I'll let you guys give a go at it...

In an effort to not clutter OOT with another workout regimen I figured I'd ask you as you seem fairly knowledgable, at least I hope so.

I'm looking to gain upper body muscle, I'd like to gain 10 lbs of solid upper body muscle by July. I'd like to focus on chest, biceps, triceps, deltoids, and back. I'm not as concerned about my lower body at the moment, which sucks, but that's how it is.

Background on me:

6'5" 195
20% body fat

Workouts: (not limited to...)

Bench Press: 120lbs 8x
Preacher Curl: 70lbs 8x
Dumbell Curls: 40 lbs, both arms, 8-10x
Triceps cable pull down: 80lbs 8-10x
Lat Pull: 100-110lbs 8-10x

Here are a few examples of what I'm doing for weight on various machines. I could list a bunch more, but I'm not sure if our definitions of the machines would correspond with one another.

Like I said earlier, I'm mainly interested in building muscle. I play basketball, and ride the bike four days per week, about 30-45 minutes each. I'm not worried about muscle definition as I know I will gain it when I'm losing fat, and gaining muscle.

I'd like some insight on what exercises you recommend for me based off my goal(s). Obviously bench press, bicep curls, and tricep curls come to mind. However, being the experienced lifter that you are, what are some other alternatives that will give me one hell of a work out.

Lastly, give me an idea about using things such as Creatine, and Whey protein. What other supplements (non roid) can I use that will help with the process?

Thanks,

Tony