Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Default My ePassporte experience

My experience with ePassporte has been positive overall.
<ul type="square">
Jan 17[*] I signed up for ePassporte using a BofA debit card. The random micro-deposit was posted to my checking account instantly, and I was able to load my account right away. Big negative: $10 fee to load my ePassporte account.
[*] After loading my ePassporte account, I made a deposit into my PokerStars account. The whole process, from opening an ePassporte account to playing at Stars, took less than ten minutes and was very easy.
[*] My debit card stopped working that evening, and I got an email from BofA asking me to call their fraud department. I called, and they verified my last several charges. (The ePassporte charge was just one of several; when we got to that one, the lady asked me if I'd gotten a passport recently, so she obviously wasn't aware that this was a gambling thing.) She told me that the fraud thing was triggered because I had several Internet purchases that day (which was true); she didn't single out ePassporte particularly, but based on other peoples' experiences at 2+2, I'm sure that's what triggered it. In any event, the phone call lasted about three minutes and the block on my card was removed. Everything back to normal.

Jan 20
[*] I withdrew a small amount from PokerStars to ePassporte so I could order the ePassporte plastic card ($35 fee -- annual, I think). Since the withdrawal was for an amount less than my deposit, it cleared instantly.
[*] I ordered the ePassporte plastic card.

Jan 28
[*] I checked my mail for the first time in about a week, and my ePassporte plastic card was there. So it took at most eight days.

Jan 30
[*] I made a withdrawal request from PokerStars. The portion up to my original deposit amount cleared immediately. PokerStars indicated that the remaining amount would be processed within 72 hours. (That's how it always worked with NETeller as well. They say 72 hours, but it's usually between 4 and 48 hours.)
[*] The remaining amount of my withdrawal was processed that night.

Jan 31
[*] I withdrew money from my ePassporte account using the plastic card at an ATM. As far as I can tell, there was no charge for this by ePassporte. The amount deducted from my account was $2 more than the amount I withdrew, but I believe that the machine charges $2 (although it is possible that the machine charged $1.50 and ePassporte charged $0.50.)[/list]So all in all, very easy. And the only fees I've paid are the $10 fee upon initial deposit (which is ridiculously high, but it should be a one-time thing) and the $35 (annual?) fee for the plastic card. No fees for withdrawals.

I'm satisfied for now.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: My ePassporte experience

Did you sign up through Stars?

I signed up straight from epassporte.com on 1/18 and the verification deposits showed up today, almost two weeks later.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:07 PM

Glad to hear it's easy as pie for you. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on Step 1. I'm awaiting the micro-deposits just alike everyone else(requested a link on 1/25)
Old 01-31-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you sign up through Stars?

I signed up straight from epassporte.com on 1/18 and the verification deposits showed up today, almost two weeks later.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I signed up straight from ePassporte.

I think the pattern is that people who signed by providing a debit card got their verification deposits immediately while people who signed up by providing their bank account info had to wait about eight days.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:10 PM

is there a minimum u need to deposit into the site. Could you deposit $100 then withdraw $10,000?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM

yes you can
Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM

The OP used a debit card, which is instant. The $10 fee would be for a deposit of $200.

That wouldn't explain the instantaneous micro-deposit, though.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:58 PM

"My debit card stopped working that evening, and I got an email from BofA asking me to call their fraud department. I called, and they verified my last several charges. (The ePassporte charge was just one of several; when we got to that one, the lady asked me if I'd gotten a passport recently, so she obviously wasn't aware that this was a gambling thing.) She told me that the fraud thing was triggered because I had several Internet purchases that day (which was true); she didn't single out ePassporte particularly, but based on other peoples' experiences at 2+2, I'm sure that's what triggered it. In any event, the phone call lasted about three minutes and the block on my card was removed. Everything back to normal."

The EXACT same thing happend to me with Wells Fargo. Just a small hassle....no biggie.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:45 PM

the exact same thing happened to me too with bankofamerican wanting to verify it was really me, and then they opened my acct bank up, but now im afraid to use my card to fund epasseport again. also i still have not got the microdeposit, been waiting since jan 12th, and on jan 24th i finally reached epasseport on the phone and was told they were putting a trace on it and they resent out the deposit a second time, and im still waiting. by the way my $400 in click2pay finally showed up.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a minimum u need to deposit into the site. Could you deposit $100 then withdraw $10,000?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can't withdraw 10k at a single time, because the limits are $500 or $1000 per transaction, depending on the type of account you have, and there is a limit to how much you can have in your ePassporte account at any given time (mine is $500). And ATM withdrawals are limited to either $300 or $525 per day.