Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 AM

Default 5/10 TPGK vs pro

Villain here is baronzeus. Why he is playing 5/10, I have no idea - maybe coaching a friend or something. We have been playing together on a couple tables for the last hour. We have tangled a fair bit, and I have been using way too much FPS with him. I've been screwplaying draws, floating and another stupid stuff. He has looked me up a few times, and usually been right. Thus far, he has not really played back at me and taken the passive approach to dealing with my idiocy.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

So I think I'm getting way too fancy again, but maybe not. Thoughts on river fold? Better line to take?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: 5/10 TPGK vs pro

About the turn donk.

So there is not that many hands in his 3-bet range that he wont fire 2 barrel but call your bet with, correct me if I am wrong but that would be good Adxd hands of which there is only AdJd and AdTd. Depending on his 3 bet range I c/c or c/r the turn.

While I dont think your river fold is giving up much value I dont like lines that cost 3 BB's on the expensive streets without seeing a SD with TP. Especially against a guy that cant be trusted.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I realy hate this line. Don't build a huge pot and then fold for one bet. Checkraising this drawy flop is good because it gets you action a lot and doesn't totally refine your hand range.

Checkraise-call the donk the turn would be fun. Once your turn donk gets raised go ahead and just call down. If he checks behind wahtever, good for him.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 AM

I would usually just check/raise the flop, but I don't think c/c donk is bad for a mixup if you sometimes would play a draw like that.

I would've just check/called the river if I decided to play it like you.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 AM

if villain is a TAG and he treats you like a decent TAG, his range should have you beaten (or split pot) expect he has TT, JJ, QQ and maybe KJ.

Based on this assumption I like c/r flop +bet turn (and fold to a turn raise)

I dont like your turn play. villain might raise with a PP and go for a free showdown
Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 AM

Normally a standard flop C/R for me; and even more-so in this case given the table dynamics of him not trusting you. The turn raise I'd probably call down.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:36 AM

yeah, like others have said the flop should be an easy c/r on this board.

I especially hate your river play.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:35 PM

I think baronzeus is thoroughly capable of raising a worse hand on the river there, and probably for value vs your FPSn arse.

Goofball's probably got the best line.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:40 PM

God this is horrible.

Road to broketown:

1. Play with bz (I have done this as well).
2. Make a bunch of dumb FPS plays with draws.
3. Finally flop a good hand and play it dumb and use a line that involves folding.

I would c/r/cap the flop and bet/call down any turn action.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:10 PM

I agree with pretty much everything that was said. Despite the retarded line, I still think the river fold might have been correct once I got there. I don't think he would have had much respect for my play at the time, and I really doubt he believed I'd lay down a K.

Anyways, a further question. When playing a very solid player OOP in a blind battle, what types of hands do you prefer to C/R flops and which are more warranting of a C/C?