Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 AM

Default 8/16 Canterbury

Waiting for my regular table, so sat in the 8 game. Villain is unknown young internet-looking punk. He has been getting worked by nutty lagrasian who insta-3towns A2o in the sb in multiway pots.

Villain opens in MP, I 3-bet 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO. To the flop head up.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villain checks, I bet he calls.

Turn:2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, check

River:6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: 8/16 Canterbury

Bet the turn.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 AM

Personally, I would have done another continuation bet-fold at the turn planning to check the river UI.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:48 AM

Im sorry guys I left out a crucial bit of info. In my 1st hand @ the table I opened w/ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and showdown a straight against lagrasian so I am never folding a sd worthy hand. I obv need to bet in case he has AQ, or AT, but insta-cont turn bets are a leak of mine and have been trying to check more. I think turn is a clear bet, but what about river action as played?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:14 AM

Any read on villain?

I definitely agree on the b/f line on the turn, with the obvious check behind on the river if called. As played I'm 50/50 on the river value bet w/o any read whatsoever on my opp.. Does he seem like the type to pay off? Play passively with a pair? Any clue on his PFR range?

8/16 at Canterbury = Juuuuuiicy..
Old 01-31-2007, 08:14 AM

Check the river. You should bet the turn and take the free showdown. Unless the villain is nuts or something you should fold to a check raise. Check raising a draw there is quite advanced and most people arent capable of doing that.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:05 AM

Why are we saying bet the turn? There is two overcards to our PP on the board and we got called on the flop after 3-betting this guy PF. I take my free card here a lot.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 AM

not betting the river is bad. I'm betting the turn here sometimes too... If I thought he was passive, I'm betting the turn every time.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Waiting for my regular table, so sat in the 8 game. Villain is unknown young internet-looking punk. He has been getting worked by nutty lagrasian who insta-3towns A2o in the sb in multiway pots.

Villain opens in MP, I 3-bet 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO. To the flop head up.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villain checks, I bet he calls.

Turn:2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, check

River:6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check, unless he'll call you down with A high.

Again, for the record.......Check.

DUI

DUI
Old 01-31-2007, 02:57 PM

This gets to your opponents folding point, I like to try and remember at what point my opponents usually fold if they miss the flop. If they routinely peel, I routinely bet the turn. If they don't peel, I am a lot more likely to check behind here.

However, on this hand, if he had AQ, or AT, he would have called a flop bet, and if he knew what your hand was, he would certainly call a turn bet, but he doesn't know what your hand is, so betting the turn, might get him off of a hand where he had 10 outs, because he believed that he had a lot fewer outs. Given that you've threebet the flop, I don't think that you have to fear a checkraise here, because I don't think your opponent is going to checkraise unless you are way behind, and I think that you can safely fold to a checkraise here.

As played, I think you have a value bet on the river, especially against a player who might be aggressive, and may have openraised a smaller pair, and might call you down with either AQ, or a small pair, because he puts you on some kind of unimproved ace on this action.