Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 02:11 AM

Default No Way Out PPV Main Event Announced (spoilers from this Friday\'s SD)

Undertaker& Batista vs. Jon Cena & Shawn Michaels

Seems to further cement the UT/Batista match and the Cena/Michaels(& possibly Orton/Edge) match. Unless they're gonna do something crazy like using the match to start some kind interbrand feud.

I would imagine that Edge/Orton would interfer costing Cena/Michaels the match setting up a 4 way at WM.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: No Way Out PPV Main Event Announced (spoilers from this Friday\'s S

Interesting how Cena and Batista tagged together at Armageddon in December now they will be facing each other in a tag.

Hopefully they let HBK and Undertaker carry a bulk of this match. Batista is painful to watch and Cena's same old stuff gets really boring after a while.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:32 AM

I agree Batista hasnt been the same since getting back from his surgery. I think he needs to go back to Raw and fued with HHH when he returns. Those matches were classic!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Re: No Way Out PPV Main Event Announced (spoilers from this Friday\'s SD)

Meh, am I the only one who hates a PPV main event to be a tag match unless its something really special? I can't even think of one from the past that would qualify.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, am I the only one who hates a PPV main event to be a tag match unless its something really special? I can't even think of one from the past that would qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally dislike all things involving Smackdown (minus Kennedy and a few others) and really can't stand Batista. This sucks.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Vinnie doesn't think Batista can draw a good PPV number so that's why he's tagging at the PPVs and why he's dropping the belt at Mania. Only question is why have him as champ if you don't think he can draw?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:55 AM

Before Batista went to SD he was just as big if not bigger than Cena. They thought he could help bring numbers to SD but I dont think anyone could really, this is why he has been down so much and no one cares for him anymore IMO.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Why would anyone want to pay $40 to see a tag match for the Main Event? This is utterly retarded thinking by Vince, and a reason why Smackdown is a ratings/buyrate failure both on TV and PPV. I'd rather see Batista vs. anyone in some gimmick match than this garbage. Maybe I'll just go to see London and Kendrick in some crazy tag match and leave after that.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: No Way Out PPV Main Event Announced (spoilers from this Friday\'s SD)

I'm not at all impressed w/ the Main Event however i talked with my friend at PWI (Pro Wrestling Insider) and what was originally going to be HBK vs Cena @ WMXXIII MIGHT be a 4 way w/ Undertaker vs Batista vs HBK vs Cena with BOTH belts on the line.

Knowing WWE however this is probably going to change about a million times before something gets set into stone.

- JA
Old 02-03-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what was originally going to be HBK vs Cena @ WMXXIII MIGHT be a 4 way w/ Undertaker vs Batista vs HBK vs Cena with BOTH belts on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This 4 way would be interesting. The only problem is you can't headline WM with this match unless it's an elimination match. A first pinfall wins situation would be really lame, especially since there wouldn't be another half of a double main event to back it up. If the match is an elimination match that means the 2 belts would end up unified, which I don't see happening.