Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Plan my weekend in Miami

Thinking about going there with a friend over President's Day weekend (2/16 - 2/19). Leaving Friday after work, coming back Monday afternoon, that type of thing. Actually, I was toying with a few ideas, including New Orleans (Mardi Gras) and Tampa, but Miami seems like the best play.

Here is our situation:

1. First time in Miami for both of us. We were planning on getting a rental car and just doing some driving around / walking around / sight seeing.

2. Cost is not a factor, within reason. Let's say that we are willing to spend something like up to $2000 per person on this trip for hotel / food / drinks / entertainment. If there is a huge value gain to be had, however, (i.e. it's 90% as good but costs 50% as much) please note that.

3. We are very much into food, so probably the primary focus of our trip will be lunch time / dinner time. Some fine dining, some local favorites, some fun food, all of that.

Other than that, we don't really have anything else that we are dying to do or that we hate doing or whatever. We are both 26, if that helps.

I did some research on travel sites, but I figured OOT would have better real world advice to offer. Here are my questions:

1. In what area should we stay? From what I've read so far it looks like Miami Beach is the place to stay, pros/cons or better alternatives?

2. Any restaurant must-try recommendations?

3. Any day-time activity must-try recommendations?

4. Anything else I should know?

-bigbootch