Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Senate records show PPA given $720,000 so far......

Political website reports Senate records show $720,000 given by the PPA in lobbying support for poker players. Not sure why Mason's attorneys couldn't figure that out if this reporter did.

But anyway....I'm sure this site is just part of the scam the ppa is running... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0107/2514.html
Old 01-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Senate records show PPA given $720,000 so far......

[ QUOTE ]
After Rep. Jim Leach, the Iowa Republican who wrote the Internet gambling bill, lost his re-election bid in November, the association conducted a poll in his district that it says showed that his opposition to online gambling could have cost him the election.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope So, but probably just wishful thinking...

[ QUOTE ]
Leach's former spokesman, Gregory Wierzynski, called the poll "silly" and expressed doubts that the poker players could build such a potent lobby.

[/ QUOTE ]Probably, but I hope we prove this dufus wrong... At least his boss is out of power....
Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 PM

The other document on the PPA website indicated that they spent about $220K lobbying. I don't have that document in front of me any longer, though, so I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same time period.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other document on the PPA website indicated that they spent about $220K lobbying. I don't have that document in front of me any longer, though, so I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same time period.

[/ QUOTE ]

$220k was what was spent in 2005, before 99% of poker players even knew what the PPA was.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:36 PM

yeahright . . .

Who are you?

What is your vested interest in this?

It is obvious that you have something significant at stake in this whole debate about the PPA. Your credibility is greatly reduced by the fact that you won't tell us what that interest is.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 PM

I was about to post the same article
Old 01-30-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeahright . . .

Who are you?

What is your vested interest in this?

It is obvious that you have something significant at stake in this whole debate about the PPA. Your credibility is greatly reduced by the fact that you won't tell us what that interest is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an interest in the poker business staying afloat in the US. I have no affiliation with the PPA, but I do speak to them, and I feel it is very important they be supported.

My credibility isn't important on this site. I'll just post articles and other comments that I think help the cause to keep poker alive.

No one has to just "believe me". I've posted many things that are public record.

At this point, one of the biggest things holding back the fight to save poker is poker players themselves.

If you've been around anytime at all, you'd know just about every poker association ever started failed. The reasons are seen right here on 2+2.

There's always the conspiracy theorists that keep things from working.

It's public record the PPA has give $720,000 on our behalf, yet still they'll just be called scammers on this site.

The PPA posts financial information, and all that does is make people ask a million other questions....further distracting from we need to be doing.

Something needs to be done to help poker NOW! Poker sites are falling left and right.

The PPA is our best hope, I'm 100% positive. They've already paid a nice sum on money to congress, and that will continue.

Yet, all of this, and 2+2 members only want to talk about how they are going to form another organization. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 06:40 PM

like I've said before, half the fight is against ourselves.

You can read comments by Gank on P5's where he said he knows for a fact that Michael actually put $100k of his OWN MONEY into the PPA.

Gank's just another of many reputable people that supports the PPA.

But no one cares. It's much more fun just to shoot ourselves in the foot, and demand things like "the PPA must come on 2+2 and respond."

The PPA isn't going to give 2+2 the time of day, but they would like to reach the 2+2 members. They've been told they can not recruit members through 2+2, so you won't see them here.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Hi cat:

He's a representative of Bluff Magazine who we have already barred several times under different names. But we hav decided to let him post for now to ensure that all points of view are heard.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 01-30-2007, 06:54 PM

720K down the drain
should've given it to me