Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Road Trip advice

So my buddies and I are road tripping it to Miami from Chicago for the Superbowl. No tickets or anything, just thought it would be fun to go. Gonna try to get 3000 more miles outta my '94 Buick LeSabre before I pick up my new G6 next week.
Background... Me and one friend are 21. Other buddy turns 21 later in February. Two of us are Junior College students, then other is in the Army Reserves and at technical school. All of us have [censored] part time jobs, so cash is kinda tight.
Here's our plan... Leave Friday about 4pm CST and drive straight through to Gainesville. We'll get there around 3pm local time on Saturday. We don't know anyone there, but we're gonna try and find some parties at University of Florida, and hopefully meet someone (preferably beautiful women) to let us crash at their place. Otherwise we sleep in the car.

Wake up early Sunday and cruise into Miami. Wanna get there by noon. Hang out in Miami, hit the beach, wander around, find a good bar/club to watch the game. We went to High School with a girl who was a Dolphins chearleader and she'll be down there. She told us to call her after the game and she'll try to hook us up with a sweet party. Again, try to find someone with a place for us to crash...it should be about 4am by now or so. If not, we'll hop on the highway and get far enough outside of Miami and find a Motel6 or something to crash.

On Monday morning, we'll look at the money situation and decide if we wanna hit Florida State for the night. We know a few girls there. Otherwise we're gonna start driving home.

Anyone have any advice on things to do, things to bring?
Definetly a digital camera. Some clean clothes. Hopefully we can find a place to take a shower or two. As far as things to do, we're not really set on anything. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Road Trip advice

[ QUOTE ]
All suggestions are welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd start with changing your horribly lame username.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:18 PM

DVD players/Laptops are invaluable, pick up a power converter to run from the lighter. Coolers for non gas station snacks and drinks. Pillows. I guess you could showering at truck stops...yikes. Sleeping in the car is horrible, by the way.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I appoint you to pick out a new one for me?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:28 PM

Schedule as much time as you can. The best road trips are ones where you have time to meander and make stops at all the little in-between towns.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how about: ManTrainAtM
Old 01-30-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That may not work out so well for you.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:58 PM

Buy as much of your grub/beer ahead of time as possible. This will save you lots of $$$. If you've got a tent, consider camping vs. sleeping in the car, or a motel. If not, sleeping in the car is the way to go. I've sleep in my car at rest areas all over the US. Check the weather report before you go. You should be fine in Miami, might even be able to sleep on the beach, but I'm not recommending it. Smuggle hard liqour into the sports bar and mix it with the soda you order. Again you'll save a ton. PM me the cheerleaders phone number!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Smuggle hard liqour into the sports bar and mix it with the soda you order. Again you'll save a ton. PM me the cheerleaders phone number!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really that easy? I figure they'd notice someone pouring a handle of vodka into their coke.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Smuggle hard liqour into the sports bar and mix it with the soda you order. Again you'll save a ton. PM me the cheerleaders phone number!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really that easy? I figure they'd notice someone pouring a handle of vodka into their coke.

[/ QUOTE ]

flask, waterbottle, etc (yes its really easy)
Old 01-30-2007, 05:38 PM

DON'T rush it if you can help it. There is no point to a road trip if all you do is drive from point A to point B as fast as possible. That takes away the whole purpose of it. The ride up will probably be fun as hell because you all will be pumped but the ride back home will just be a hungover nightmare.