Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Canadian Currency conversion on Party is amazing

I just checked out a real time conversion on TD Easyweb of 100 US to Candian and they are giving me 116.56. I went to Party to cash out 100US and they are giving me 119.57!!! Why the huge difference??? I know the bank makes a profit but it seems Party is giving better than the posted rates.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Canadian Currency conversion on Party is amazing

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked out a real time conversion on TD Easyweb of 100 US to Candian and they are giving me 116.56. I went to Party to cash out 100US and they are giving me 119.57!!! Why the huge difference??? I know the bank makes a profit but it seems Party is giving better than the posted rates.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I cashed out from Party a while ago I had the same experience with the conversion to Euro. I just thought it was something like an extreme fluctuation in rates that day...
Old 01-30-2007, 02:44 PM

I am a Canadian wanting to open a new Neteller account. I will use it to play at Party.

When I create the account should I make it in USD or Cdn $?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a Canadian wanting to open a new Neteller account. I will use it to play at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would make it US. The only advantage of making it Canadian is that you can link it to an ING acct and then transfer the money to ING (so Candian NT to Canadian bank to Canadian ING) and get 3.5% interest. You can't link a US acct at a Candian bank to a US ING currecy acct. They won't let you.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Hey, so Party does have its own neteller like service. You don't even need neteller to put money into PP right? And since we are Canadian, they can convert my money from US-CAN-to my bank account at a great rate, am I correct because this is what I heard.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, so Party does have its own neteller like service. You don't even need neteller to put money into PP right? And since we are Canadian, they can convert my money from US-CAN-to my bank account at a great rate, am I correct because this is what I heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have US cash lying around in a US acct in a Canadian bank and you want to convert it to Canadian, I don't believe you can link it to Party and then deposit into Party and then withdraw it. Can someone confirm this?

What I do is I have a US VISA card and a US currency acct. So I make a deposit using the US credit card then I pay off the credit card with my US currency acct.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:17 PM

It is very important that you create the account in US funds. Otherwise you are going to pay a transaction fee for the conversion everytime you move your canadian neteller money into a US funds poker site.

Slim,

Yes. Party EFT is the only way to withdraw to your CDN bank account. I'm not sure why but the conversion rate offered by Party has always been excellent.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is very important that you create the account in US funds. Otherwise you are going to pay a transaction fee for the conversion everytime you move your canadian neteller money into a US funds poker site.

Slim,

Yes. Party EFT is the only way to withdraw to your CDN bank account. I'm not sure why but the conversion rate offered by Party has always been excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I created mine in Can $ when I first started, and was paying Neteller's extra 1.9% moving money both on and off every site. Have since changed it, of course. Create it in US $ for sure!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Party has always offered a better rate, whenever I'm moving money back to my bank account they're who I use.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I am surprise canadian poker player just now discover the excellent party exchange rate. I been doing cashout over a year using only party and very surprise they didn't flag me because i usually deposit big using neteller and cashout thru party EFT everytime.