Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Quixtar

Has anyone heard of Quixtar Corporation and now if it is a viable opportunity to make money? I have someone I work with who is trying to sell me this membership and get me started and I am very skeptical. Anyone have any experience?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Quixtar

search this forum.

in a nutshell : quixtar = amway
Old 01-30-2007, 01:41 PM

dont be a sucker
Old 01-30-2007, 02:30 PM

I am definitely not a sucker. I did alot of research online regarding this and I just read another post and discussion about this topic in this forum. The guy who tried to pitch me gave me the same speech basically as most of the other people I have read about. He was very vague and while I asked alot of questions, he for the most part skirted all of these while trying to continue his "presentation."

I brought up Cutco knives which I had friends attempt to sell and were for the most part unsuccessful. He did not know how that worked but I think the idea is similar.
What really frustrated me about this whole thing is that I work over 50 hours a week then I put in 10+ hours a week playing poker where I earn $50/hour so while I am not rich I am pretty comfortable for a 25 year old who just got a new apartment. I told him my time was valuable with all of this in mind, so to get to the point and he still kept trying to push some vague idea of me being rich without really knowing how it happens other then "residuals."

I am definitely not going to participate in this.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM

quixtar is basically a pyramid scheme if i remember correctly... but you sell stuff like household crap...

personally I dont like trying to constantly get people to buy stuff and pay money to buy stuff...
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Quixtar = Amway

I read this free ebook an ex amway/quixtar guy. He pretty much got hosed.

http://www.merchantsofdeception.com/purpose.html

He will send you a couple follow up emails if you download it, but it wasn't like you get spammed to death. Just 3 or 4 over a couple weeks.

Pancho
Old 01-30-2007, 06:01 PM

I'm doing some research on them now:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post7779998

But you're right, it definitely sounds like it's not something for you. If you're making $50/hr playing poker, just play more hours and forget about Quixtar.

Also, most of the people pitching this thing don't seem to know what they're doing, so you'll always get idiotic pitches that try to get you to go to their meetings. The meetings are just as useless, they're geared towards idiots who'll buy into promises of vast riches for working 10 hours/week (that's why most people pitching Quixtar suck).