Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Default 76s hit flush on river vs push

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
I have about $200, and villain has around $170 - no reads.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($24, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($24, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $34</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $152.25</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $118.25 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $210.25

How bad is my CR here if I fold to his push? I played the hand pretty weak overall. I actually thought I had 76o and was busy with another hand at the time. Noticed the flush on the river.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: 76s hit flush on river vs push

You have under represented your hand, I call this all day long. He probably has 45 or QQ or AK or something retarded. I am fine with the turn check to be honest - I hate when you get reraised on these monster draws on the turn, the flop is when you are the favourite afterall.

I am also fine with the river check/raise. If he has nothing he may want to pick the hand up. Unless he's passive, it's almost certainly the right move because otherwise he might call with K2 or whatever when you bet, whilst if you check, he'll bet it for you and give you the chance of getting more.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:18 PM

I'd normally double barrel on the turn, firing about 18 into the pot. I'd consider your implied odds pretty good if villain raises, but if he makes a big overbet you can't call.

On the river I like the fold, since villain's hand looks exactly like a flush and you have the lowest possible flush. It's possible that villain is bluffing, but I don't see a lot of overbet push bluffs like this, especially after you check/raise. Then again, maybe I'm just not calling enough and that's why I don't see them.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:20 PM

I probably bet turn. As played, I would call the river. He could have AK, a set or something like that. Plus it is a blind battle. I call.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd normally double barrel on the turn, firing about 18 into the pot. I'd consider your implied odds pretty good if villain raises, but if he makes a big overbet you can't call.

On the river I like the fold, since villain's hand looks exactly like a flush and you have the lowest possible flush. It's possible that villain is bluffing, but I don't see a lot of overbet push bluffs like this, especially after you check/raise. Then again, maybe I'm just not calling enough and that's why I don't see them.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't fold a flush! A flush is the nuts!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the river I like the fold, since villain's hand looks exactly like a flush and you have the lowest possible flush. It's possible that villain is bluffing, but I don't see a lot of overbet push bluffs like this, especially after you check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also def bet the river here. I really dont like the check raise at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't fold a flush! A flush is the nuts!

[/ QUOTE ]
I know a flush is a damn sweet hand, but when big money goes into the pot I get worried that villain also has a damn sweet hand.

I'd be very surprised to see QQ here, but AK is not out of the question. I know you only have to be good about 36% of the time here, but I really don't see the average (or unknown) player turning a hand as good as AK into a bluff after betting it for value. Maybe QQQ is trying to get paid by two pair, but I don't think villain's play to this point is consistent with trips.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I really don't see the average (or unknown) player turning a hand as good as AK into a bluff after betting it for value. Maybe QQQ is trying to get paid by two pair, but I don't think villain's play to this point is consistent with trips.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you have a higher opinion of the average player than I do :]
Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 PM

flush is the only hand that makes sense for the villain.

you see QQ here never.

AK and KQ would have to be retarded

good fold
Old 01-30-2007, 01:48 PM

you sould really be leading the river.

As played, this should be a very straight forward fold. LOLOLOL at the people saying AK/AA-QQ. Look at preflop! and he dodnt even play postflop like he had those hands!

The ONLY hand I could see him doing this with that you beat is 23(obv not spades). But even then, i doubt he'd be THAT bad as to 3bet the river

good fold