Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Watchout for Western Union

Western Union has e-mailed all gambling sites that use its service demanding that they remove the Western Union logo from their sites. Very soon Western Union will no longer be a viable way to move money to or from any gambling--and this includes poker-- site.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Watchout for Western Union

I was waiting for that, I noticed the PS took their symbol down.

How did you get this info?
Old 01-29-2007, 05:56 PM

Not really. It looks like a CYA move.

The Western Union dollar flow from the US to Central America to "Jose X" is a veritable ocean current. It is incredibly profitable and gambling is but a small part.

It will be illegal, but it will continue, while Western Union turns as blind an eye as the Regs will permit.

(Although I disagree with the OP on this one, I want to say for the record that, on a percentage basis, his posts are by far the best quality newbie efforts I have ever seen, covering a variety of relevant issues.)
Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 PM

It states on Western Union's web site that you are not allowed to send money directly or indirectly to a gambling site. People do it and most likely will continue to do it. They need the gambling sites to remove their logo so as to claim "we didn't know that XXXX was a gambling connected site'. Their excuse will be that they cannot (which is true) check/verify that every money transfer will end up at a gambling site. If their logo is shown at the Gambling sites then they will have some serious explaining to do when the DOJ gets around to them. They are just covering there bases(ass) No big deal
Old 01-29-2007, 06:35 PM

another bad news?
Hope not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another bad news?
Hope not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my mind, this news was already "discounted" in our collective understanding of the situation.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:15 PM

I volunteer to make the sites their own WU logo since WU has demanded the sites stop using theirs. I have some cool ideas like shooting stars and ponies, but maybe they have their own logo designers.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 PM

this would explain why it is no longer listed as an option on bodog's web site. however, i e-mailed bodog and they said if i wanted to post a western union withdrawal, i just had to call them. sounds like that's there way around the system.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It states on Western Union's web site that you are not allowed to send money directly or indirectly to a gambling site. People do it and most likely will continue to do it. They need the gambling sites to remove their logo so as to claim "we didn't know that XXXX was a gambling connected site'. Their excuse will be that they cannot (which is true) check/verify that every money transfer will end up at a gambling site. If their logo is shown at the Gambling sites then they will have some serious explaining to do when the DOJ gets around to them. They are just covering there bases(ass) No big deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year I was cutoff from Western Union completely as apparently I had three "suspicious" transactions. So I am no longer allowed to send money internationally this way. They closed my privileges and asked what it was about and I said I had bought some items on Ebay but anyways its not that big of a deal I just used a different person/friend/family name if I need to send stuff.

Chicago