Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Default The Reason I Lose At Micro NL?

I just upgraded my mac version on Poker Tracker so that i could import my FTP hand histories (where i have played the most) and it seems after importing the small number of even 6000 hands that i win most of my sessions and then blow up and have a huge loser, and that i must value bet too thin (ie hands that are unlikely to improve and then get beat after valuebetting and building pots too early).... has anyone else had these problems and know what a real solution is? how to elimintate these behaviors?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: The Reason I Lose At Micro NL?

Are you saying you have many winning sessions and then one huge losing session where you wipe out all the gains you have made....or are you saying that you will be winning much of a particular session and then tend to finish most sessions by blowing up and getting all your money in bad and, thus losing everything you won during that session?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 PM

I can with reasonable confidence say it's because you suck at poker. And this thread is beeing locked before you even know, so Holla!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:06 PM

i win many sessions and then have a huge losing one....
Old 01-29-2007, 02:07 PM

You are Correct SIR! i am wack at teh card games.... although clearly looking to improve my game...
Old 01-29-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need more hands to know for sure. You may tilt easily, or you may just have a skewed sample size. Or, you may be too aggressive in all the wrong places (i.e. trying to bluff calling stations).
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you have provided enough information for anyone to have a substantive answer to help you.

Generally, I have been experiencing a similar situation - after several weeks of all winner sessions I have had a few big clunkers. I attribute this, at least in part, to a lack of patience on my part and playing draws too strongly.

If you feel you are making thin value bets or putting too much in pots with marginal holdings, try a few sessions with a conscious effort to avoid this and see if your positive results return.....or post more specific information about your play to analyze (post hands).
Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just upgraded my mac version on Poker Tracker

[/ QUOTE ]

What? What? What? Where? Where? Where? Is there a hud for mac too? I only knew of Mac Poker Pro but that doesn't support FTP yet.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are Correct SIR! i am wack at teh card games.... although clearly looking to improve my game...

[/ QUOTE ]
k then dude. wut do u want us to say given the info that is provided??? dont have the big losing sesh?? idk. this thread sux. didnt u come from sttf? this type of thread would b worthless and get flamed in sttf and sure as hell is gonna get flamed here as well. seriously... u should kno better. u have 500 posts and yet still make one of the most vague posts ever. u have 6k hands maybe post some of them. u should also kno 6k hands doesnt mean a damn thing. wut if u lose 30 straight sngs. obv this happens and will mess ur roi up for a few weeks till u fully recover. cmon dude. i would by now u would realize there is no "automatic answere" that will make u win.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM

i just thought this was interesting to find, and wondering what everyone thought... FLAME AWAY. i should have known better.
Closed Thread