Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Mid week Vegas low stakes NL

I'll be in town on business next week 7th through the 9th. I've played about everywhere but I often find myself being results oriented and equating the play at a particular place with how I do.
I was wondering, who has the best low stakes (1-2; 2-5) NL games running on a Wednesday/Thursday night?

I was thinking the frontrunners would be MGM and Bellagio, with the Venetian and Mirage in there close as well.

All thoughts are appreciated.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Mid week Vegas low stakes NL

MGM will probably have 5, $1-2 games going. I'm not sure about Bellagio, but their smallest NL game is $2-5. Venetian and Caesars are other good choices
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM

I just got back 2 weeks ago from a Vegas trip that had me there during the week.

There is plenty of action wed & thur night, but it's pretty slow during the day. For those stakes:

Wynn 1/3NL - Very loose and aggro game, uncapped buy-in, lots of good regulars but a few donks

Wynn 2/5NL - Even crazier than the 1/3, just about all regulars though

MGM 1/2NL - Played here during the day and they had 3 tables going, so it was pretty donktastic, but I believe buy-in was capped at $200.

Venetian 1/2NL - Players here were better than MGM

Venetian 2/5NL - Loved this game, during the day it was a lot of regulars, but the donks invaded at night and it got very juicy

All in all though, I had the most success at Caesars 1/2NL. The beauty was the $500 cap, which is nice at 1/2. Donks-a-plenty here, and the tables were especially juicy after midnight (they have a tourney that starts at 11:00 I think and the guys that bust out come in and juice it up).

My girlfriend was there for work so I took some time off from work and made it a mini vacation for myself. I was only able to play one night as I would hang with her after she was done with her conference, which means I missed out on a LOT of money on those tables at night as the difference between playing in the afternoon and at night is HUGE.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 PM

The wynn and it's not even close.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 PM

What is the average starting stack of the 1-3NL Game I know its uncapped but if its full of people sitting down with 1K stacks then I think I may be better off elsewhere.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:21 PM

20% sit with $100. 30% start with $200ish. 30% start with $300. 20% start with $500. And yeah, a very few may sit with more. But these figures do tend to adjust up or down based on what everybody else at the table has--someone who normally buys in with $300 may sit with one rack and look around and see he's shortstacked and add $200 in cash. And I think weekend evenings tends to be a little friskier than midweek afternoons.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Thanks, I figure to only have about 1K to play with and would rather not have to put it all on the table at once just to feel like i'm stacked for the game. Sounds like I could sit down with $300 on a weekday night and usually feel pretty comfortable. That sounds good to me...somewhat like Caesar's 1-2 with the $500 cap.