Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Party Poker - bajawa

Anyone remember this guy? Danish fella, used to have private tables set up quite often, playing 10/20 PLO.

I´m asking because I used to see those very private tables in the lobby, and sometimes I would rail the non-private 10/20 tables and try to learn a little somethin somethin.

Anywho now all of a sudden I find Bajawa mutlitableing much much lower stakes - my stakes - 0.25/50 and 0.5/1 PLO.

I´m not here to gloat in one of those LOOOL BUSTO threads, just curious if there´s anyone here who played with him on a regular basis at 10/20 and if so what did u think of him?

How would u rate him, skilwise, on those tables compared to the other regular 10/20 players?

Thx
Old 01-29-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Party Poker - bajawa

On party he played very tagish plo, ok winner at 10 20 (a little nittish/ uncreative).

He said he wanted to rebuild on party from small deposits. Ive seen him on 1-2 2-4 last weeks, but not higher.

Thats pretty much what I know.

- B
Old 01-29-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On party he played very tagish plo, ok winner at 10 20 (a little nittish/ uncreative).

He said he wanted to rebuild on party from small deposits. Ive seen him on 1-2 2-4 last weeks, but not higher.

Thats pretty much what I know.

- B

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thx.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On party he played very tagish plo

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

Although I usually hate discussing players by screen name and their play, I will make an exception here as a protest against not being able to play on party, and thus not caring if I harm the games there [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

I have a complex notation system, but here is a translation of how I rated his play and some observed plays (I don't use PT so I make notes of same):

In general he was a lag, but not a total maniac. He would slowplay bottom set on the flop, and HU would keep betting the flop middle pair even when a 2nd overcard came on the turn and he didn't have a big draw. He would checkraise when he made a backdoor flush. He raised pre with stuff like T4(53), called a raise on the button with A9(84). However he wouldn't bet multiway with absolutely nothing even in position. Also he often liked to hit and run and come back with a smaller stack.

P.S. Banana Dan there is a good chance you are bajawa with the way your OP is worded, even if you deny it after I say this. I also had a massive buddy list and tracked the screen name changes of players on it, but bajawa didn't change names that I saw. So if you are indeed him, then change your sn now and try to screw up al the PT PAHUD players with stats on you who don't currently have you in their buddy list.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In general he was a lag, but not a total maniac. He would slowplay bottom set on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Now did he do this everytime or did he mix up (randomize) his play at all with bottom set?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Banana Dan there is a good chance you are bajawa with the way your OP is worded, even if you deny it after I say this. I also had a massive buddy list and tracked the screen name changes of players on it, but bajawa didn't change names that I saw. So if you are indeed him, then change your sn now and try to screw up al the PT PAHUD players with stats on you who don't currently have you in their buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny is what "bajawa" is slang for (I had to google) and it's something someone with a nickname like Banana Dan might be good at!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true

Rest of your post. What he did hu/2-4 handed is alot different. Should said i talked about more or less full games (6+handed). And yeah he sometimes like to slowplay/pot control some hands.

- B
Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 PM

I would note all such plays, epecially ones that tended to be habitual, but would update my notes if I saw them change sometimes. However since you only get to see shown down hands, it's hard to know if you really have a good read on habitual lines players take without seeing a ton of hands, nor whether some of those lines were player or board texture dependant. But knowing that someone is somewhat likely to slowplay a set on me would make me more often take free cards even in position headsup with weaker draws that I couldn't call a raise with. So it's just another factor to consider.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Although I usually hate discussing players by screen name and their play, I will make an exception here as a protest against not being able to play on party, and thus not caring if I harm the games there [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice of you, what was your sn btw?

- B
Old 01-29-2007, 12:58 PM

blopp,

I said this before, but in the HSNL forum, so I will repeat it here. I am still not going to divulge my party sn, because I rate there to be a non-zero chance that they will re-enter the US market. That chance is small, but if they get taken private again via a LBO, then they would likely re-open themselves to the US market. So I am going to keep that private for mainly that reason.