Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Comm 40: Trips multiway vs Scott Lazar

Scott's very aggressive, but not spewy, and one of the better hand-readers in the Commerce 40 game.

Folded to Scott in the CO who raises, dumb spewy donk calls OTB, I call in the SB with QJo, BB folds.

Flop: Q9Qr

I check, Scott bets, button calls, I c/r, Scott 3-towns, button calls, I call.

Turn: 5

I bet, Scott raises, button folds, I call.

River: Q

I bet.
_______
Gossip tidbit: Not too much later that night I got to see our man chew out a guy who gave him a bad beat, which led to the guy standing up and challenging him to go outside. Both guys got in each other's faces and they nearly got it on right there, but ultimately nothing happened except the bad-beater (easily the worst player at the table) got up and left.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Comm 40: Trips multiway vs Scott Lazar

fyi scott can be really spewy sometimes. tilty too. but yes he's one of the better players there.

i wouldnt hate a fold preflop. oftentimes the best way to avoid situations like these is to avoid situations like these.

if youre going to bet the turn you should cap the flop since button is along for the ride.

as played you should c/r the turn and tie button in again.

as you played it you should c/r the river.

so not one of your better hands in my eyes.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:59 AM

If villian raised you on the turn with 2 players in there and that flop action, he is spewey. You should def tie the button in for some more bets on the turn. It looks like you will bet/3bet the river...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 AM

I agree with Mike on folding pre-flop just cuz you have to play a hand that is easily dominated out of position. Other than that I don't see a prob with the way you played it. I doubt you had the best hand until the river so c/r the turn is gonna likely get 3 banged again up against his most likely holding 99. I don't think you can c/r the river cuz he would have to put you on Q he must have cryin called the riv with 99 or a bigger pair. But again unlikely big pair unless he way overplayed JJ or 10's. KK or AA prolly cap preflop.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM

I dont mind the call preflop considering, people get very creative in the CO with everyone folding to them at times. And with the fish button along for the ride it gives you some extra money in the pot and all the money hes gonna be putting in after the flop.

Well played on the flop, but I wouldnt lead out on the turn, check raise the turn so you get the button going along for an extra bet.

PS, I play the 40 game all the time and I have no heard of scott lazar, can you give a description of him I would like to know if I know him.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Mike,

I'm with you on the flop play.

On the turn, do I really want three bets getting in here? ie., if Scott 3-bets me then I'm pretty much f'ed, right?

On the river, do you think I'm more likely to get more than 2 bets in by c/r'ing?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS, I play the 40 game all the time and I have no heard of scott lazar, can you give a description of him I would like to know if I know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.google.com/images?q=scott%20lazar
Old 01-28-2007, 05:53 PM

hmmm, dont think I have seen him on my table. Then again I usually play the 10pm-4am shift so its usually the same group of 30 or so players going at it in the wee hours of the evening.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, do I really want three bets getting in here? ie., if Scott 3-bets me then I'm pretty much f'ed, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily, with the third player still in. He could be raising to lose the other guy. He might have been planning on checking behind with a big pair, but will now bet it if you check.

(I saw the commotion with Scotty from across the room. It looked pretty funny. Sometimes I think that he thinks he should be running the cardroom because he was famous for a while.)
Old 01-28-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as you played it you should c/r the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about preflop/flop/turn, but I think I love the river line. If we c/r I feel like we're saying "yeah, that's right, I've got it". If we bet I think he's going to raise again with KK/AA for sure and JJ/TT quite possible and we can get 3 bets in.