Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Bad call preflop? Then...huh?

Okay, first of all, how bad was the call preflop? If I'm just playing for set value, that's extremely questionable.

Secondly, the flop just confused the hell out of me. After all that, what in the world is the check for?

Villain was 51/12/1.75, but over just 30 hands, so beware of the sample size. My image is probably more nitty than TAG at this point, but who knows if he was even paying attention.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($9.70)
BB ($20.70)
UTG ($2.95)
UTG+1 ($20.05)
MP1 ($10.45)
MP2 ($11.55)
MP3 ($13.50)
CO ($9.80)
Keys ($11.55)

Preflop: Keys is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $0.5</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Keys raises to $2.1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, MP1 folds, Keys calls $1.90.

Flop: ($8.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Keys ?????</font>
Old 01-27-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Bad call preflop? Then...huh?

Was 5BB a common raise at the table? I tried to think about times when I've done that first in from an early position... a couple times when I had KK - didn't want weak aces sticking around. I don't know what thoughts to offer other than that. Maybe just try to keep the pot as small as possible... but if he pushes I think I'd let it go.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was 5BB a common raise at the table? I tried to think about times when I've done that first in from an early position... a couple times when I had KK - didn't want weak aces sticking around. I don't know what thoughts to offer other than that. Maybe just try to keep the pot as small as possible... but if he pushes I think I'd let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 9-tabling. I have no clue what the standard raise sizes are.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:55 AM

Fold preflop; you don't have set odds at all. If you also put him on AK then you can call.

On the flop well now we have to assess the probability of AK. I think it is low and he is trapping with AA/KK. This guy wouldn't 4-bet light here at NL10, even maniacs didn't. Therefore check it down and fold if bet to.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 AM

I dont think he needs to fold this PF, QQ is well ahead of villians range at this moment especially at these stakes...

On this flop, I hate checking behind here, becuase it gives AK, AQ, JJ 1010 a look at the turn here for free. So i think you go ahead and just shove this flop for whatever u have left.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM

My play preflop and on the flop would be the same, since the flop didn't really change anything. If you had seen this guy 3bet/4bet light (or do it often), it would be a push - otherwise it would be a fold.

Since you don't have a read and called preflop, I vote for a check on the flop. Usually someone with a 200BB stack at this level doesn't 4bet without AA or KK. On the turn/river, I would probably fold to a reasonable bet. I might call a small river bet if he checks turn and no A or K comes.