Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Default NETELLER is screening phone calls

I can't believe this, but somehow I used up my "available" phone calls this week.

Until yesterday, I think I called NETELLER 3 times since the meltdown. I then tried to call again yesterday to get an EFT cancelled -- they previously said that they couldn't cancel it, but now I've heard they'll cancel any EFT. Anyway, I call and I get a message saying they're experiencing high call volume and they can't take my call, etc. I'm like, w/e, I'll call back later. So I try 3-4 more times over the course of the night, each time getting that message. I get a little suspicious because other people were posting about getting through. So I ask my roommate to borrow his phone, I call the VIP number and OBV I get right through to NETELLER support. My EFT is supposedly going to be cancelled on Monday or Tuesday.

Anyone else on NETELLER's "do not call us" list? If you are, try calling VIP from another phone and see what happens.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: NETELLER is screening phone calls

LOL.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:46 PM

lol blacklisted
Old 01-27-2007, 04:50 PM

Yea. And all I did was leave mid-to-high five figure balances on there for the last year while moving a lot of money in and out.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM

Personally I haven't called neteller at all.. I have a small EFT pending and am not really worried about it. But seriously what's the point in calling 20 times? The information has already been put out that they will be canceling all eft's so why do you need to call and have them do it? There are obviously thousands of other people that are doing the same thing, some probably calling them daily or more often.

While I don't agree with not taking peoples calls.. people panicking causes more problems than the actual events that occur usually.. I.E. Great Depression
Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 PM

got the same message starting a few days ago. most of BR stuck in NT limbo + downswing = i'm starting to feel real despondent about all of this.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:44 PM

LOL @ 20 times. I've called three times, including the one where I got through today.

1. My cell phone call history only goes back to Fri Jan 19 at 11:46 PM, but I did call them when this whole thing went down to get advice on how to get my balance out -- it was over six figures at the time. Pardon me for being concerned about that. I was told that EFTs would be 1-2 weeks (LOL @ that) and that checks would be 6-8 weeks. I inquired about rules against P2P -> Stars and they said it was okay. I also asked about the NETELLER card as an option, they said it would be a good way to take out some of my balance at a lower cost than P2P and that, supposedly, it would not be disappearing. Of course, it appears that the NETELLER card is being discontinued -- although I have seen reports of it still working for people. I'm pretty sure this whole discussion happened on Jan 18 at some point.

2. I called Tues Jan 23 at 11:20 PM to get my two EFTs canceled. They said they could cancel one, but not the other.

3. I attempted to call last night and wasn't able to get through. I called today to get my remaining EFT canceled because I'd heard from a few people that they would not cancel any EFT if you request it. I'd rather have that expedited than wait however many weeks or months for NETELLER to do it on their own. They said they needed to contact a special department to do it and they'd have it cancelled on Monday or Tuesday.

I don't see anything unreasonable about what I'm doing here. I will call again next Thursday or Friday if the remaining 5K EFT isn't canceled. I'm not in a panic about my funds because I do think I'll get paid, but I also don't want to wait forever to get my remaining NETELLER money. I'd rather not have to think about where and when it will show up.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I haven't called neteller at all.. I have a small EFT pending and am not really worried about it. But seriously what's the point in calling 20 times? The information has already been put out that they will be canceling all eft's so why do you need to call and have them do it? There are obviously thousands of other people that are doing the same thing, some probably calling them daily or more often.

While I don't agree with not taking peoples calls.. people panicking causes more problems than the actual events that occur usually.. I.E. Great Depression

[/ QUOTE ]

N82 has a mid to high 5 figure balance and you expect him to not be desperate about sorting this mess out?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 PM

I called today at about 4pm EST, got through on my first try, waited on hold for 10 mins, spoke to a representative, asked him to cancel my EFT which he did instantly,

Looks like I got really lucky, just keep trying to call dude and i'm sure they'll eventually cancel your EFT for you
Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 PM

I did get through, albeit on my roommate's phone.

Also, my balance is now at zero. I P2Ped all of it out. The only issue that I have remaining at NETELLER is the 5K EFT that needs to be canceled and put back into my account.