Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Using Neteller for Legitimate Purchases

I have a question.

Even though the cash is now tied up in our accounts and can't be withdrawn, Neteller is a legitimate e-wallet with other legitimate vendors besides gambling sites.

1. Perhaps we can use the money to make legitimate purchases at legitimate vendors. I assume Neteller has many vendors besides gambling sites.

2. Is is possible to get a list of some of the major vendors?

I realize this is not as good as withdrawals, but if it's possible perhaps all the money at least will not be lost.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Using Neteller for Legitimate Purchases

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question.

Even though the cash is now tied up in our accounts and can't be withdrawn, Neteller is a legitimate e-wallet with other legitimate vendors besides gambling sites.

1. Perhaps we can use the money to make legitimate purchases at legitimate vendors. I assume Neteller has many vendors besides gambling sites.

2. Is is possible to get a list of some of the major vendors?

I realize this is not as good as withdrawals, but if it's possible perhaps all the money at least will not be lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought this up in this thread . However, If we can't get money out of our neteller accounts, I doubt U.S. vendors (such as 2+2) can either.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM

If some of these "merchants" sold gift cards or pre-paid Visa cards it would work out nicely..
Old 01-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Its irriatatng they have always told me they cannot tell me which merchants would accept neteller. Not even 1. I assume that they do not have any. I have never seen any other than gambling. It looks like they have never developed this side of the business. Too bad. It woul dbe nice to buy a Tv from amazon.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:41 PM

I asked their new accounts dept if they provided services to non-gambling merchants and they answered "not at this time" or something like that. This was about 4 months ago.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:42 PM

I thought the problem was that we can't get it out through US financial institutions. I am talking about making a purchase of something from a vendor. Personally, I wouldn't care if it was a purchase from a store in London of something they could ship to me.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:43 PM

I'm Canadian and wished that I had some basic knowledge of setting up some kind of site. A Canadian could set up a merchant site selling XYZ at a 10% cost of US Neteller balances. The merchant could then FedEx cheques to US individuals once they get the money. A fortune could be made doing this.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Curious if you could set up an ebay listing offering to convert neteller to paypal money for $0.99 buy it now. The Winner of 'buy it now' would transfer $100 to you through neteller and you could transfer $95 to winner through paypal. Winner would acctually receive less about $92, because of paypal fees.
The $5 per $100 you receive would have a $1 fee for ebay.
So you would receive about 4%.
If anyone from non-US is interested in doing this, let me know. I would want you to have a positive ebay history.

Of course, we could forgo ebay altogether and just use paypal. We both woul dneed neteller and paypal accounts.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked their new accounts dept if they provided services to non-gambling merchants and they answered "not at this time" or something like that. This was about 4 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did everybody miss this?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did everybody miss this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's wrong, unless you consider 2+2 a "gambling merchant."