Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Your biggest coincidence ever?

I'm originally from Milwaukee, but have lived in a bunch of different places over the last few years.

When I was living in Los Angeles, I worked at a rock climbing gym. This cute girl named Aliza came in one day and we talked a bit. She signed up for a month at the gym and I saw her a few more times. She was in town for just a month of the summer, and from New York City.

We went on a few "dates", though they weren't really dates because we both had significant others. Then she left and I never saw or spoke to her again.

A year and a half later, I was living in Boston. I had been there a few months but had only just gotten a job a few weeks ago. We were having employee appeciation day so everyone got to have 15 minute mini-massages from a massage service that had sent over two girls.

I was in the lunchroom when one of them walked in, and I thought, "wow, she's cute". Then as she walked out, she gave me a funny look and said "hi". And I'm sure you didn't see this coming but, I later realized, it was Aliza!

I didn't recognize her at first because it was so out of context and she didn't recognize me at first because I had grown my hair long, and probably hadn't shaved in a while.

I was still in my relationship, and she had married her boyfriend. But why on Earth would we randomly run into each other again? There was absolutely no connection between either of our encounters (opposite sides of the country, neither city was home to either of us, and the contexts were different (climbing gym vs. my office job)).

It kinda makes me think there is some grand design...

Anyone else have a weird coincidence to share?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Your biggest coincidence ever?

Or she moved around a lot because she rub and tugged entire cities
Old 02-08-2006, 01:39 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 02-08-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or she moved around a lot because she rub and tugged entire cities

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I be embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what this means?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:42 PM

She is a "massage therapist" right?

Meaning she has rubbed (massaged)

and tugged (hand job-often done after the massage in many massage parlors etc)

and yes you shoudl feel ashamed and embarrassed
Old 02-08-2006, 01:44 PM

Probably not my biggest coincidence ever, but it was sort of weird... While backpacking across Europe, I went on a barcrawl in Berlin and met somebody from NYC (where I'm from). In Krakow, probably about 4 or 5 days later, we ended up being in the same room of our hostel. I thought it was cool, because now we hang out in NYC too. So...friends are made.

SmileyEH was with me backpacking around Europe, and he has a much better coincidence story about running into the same person at least 3 or 4 times.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty big coincidence.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:51 PM

I saw this episode of Dog Eat Dog where a guy was on it with dyed red hair that was spiked up and tat's all over his body and some piercings and stuff...very unique looking guy. No biggy...

until a few nights later I'm watching a GGW video shot in Baja California and lo and behold the cameraman is wading through the water and puts this guy on film with red, spiky hair, tat's and piercings. Same guy. He even said a few lines, which helped vefify the coincidence. This was like 3 days after watching Dog Eat Dog. I was like, wtf??? I even showed my GF, who agreed that it was definitely him.

Other coincidence, I was on vacation about 4.5 hours from home during Senior year of H.S. when I was looking over our balcony and saw a guy from my gym class walking below me. Turns out his family was at the same resort.

Another one, I was in Disneyland back when I was like 14, and I saw a girl from school, from back in Missouri. That was effin' crazy.

And several times I've spotted people on the highway on my way to work that I'd seen in previous weeks. It's usually bumper stickers and stuff that I'll recognize from seeing. I'm sure this happens to other people. But I do tend to be very aware of my surroundings, and have a very above-average long-term memory.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:54 PM

Last Friday night, playing 8/16 at Wynn two seats to the right of me a guy kinda looks familiar and is talking with another guy and mentions Buffalo NY etc....Come to find out he was my sophomore Global Studies teacher.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

The most recemt; I went home with a girl from a party, she had mentioned she writes a nyc blog. The next morning, my friend sends me a random blog link she reads...it was that girls blog.