Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Razz 5th street decision

Basic concern is if it is correct to raise here,(am I ahead of the 9-8?). I am fairly certain a 4 card 6 is ahead of say and 10 - 9 just not sure if I have an advantage over a 9-8 here. I dont mind the raise given I have fairly live outs and I can see where he's at in the hand. Just wondering if capping is the correct play here.

HORSE - Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (7.30 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.15 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls $0.60 and is all-in
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (11.75 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (15.75 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (17.75 BB)
Old 01-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Razz 5th street decision

[ QUOTE ]
Basic concern is if it is correct to raise here,(am I ahead of the 9-8?)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the favorite to improve, but you are going to get re-raised here every time because your opponent cannot se beyond his board. Since your advantage is not as great as the cost of putting in two additional bets the best option is to call - remember the middle opponent is dead money, inducing a fold is impossible at this point - he is freerolling.

I consider a c/r on 4th street.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basic concern is if it is correct to raise here,(am I ahead of the 9-8?). I am fairly certain a 4 card 6 is ahead of say and 10 - 9 just not sure if I have an advantage over a 9-8 here. I dont mind the raise given I have fairly live outs and I can see where he's at in the hand. Just wondering if capping is the correct play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you so sure he doesn't have only a T-9? he was the one that only called on 3rd st remember? plus if he is slowplaying two cards to a wheel in the hole, he most likely would have raised on 4th st to force out s6. regardless, if you plug this hand into the calculator at twodimes.net, you see against either a T-9 or 9-8-7 (the hands he's most likely to have), you're a 65% favorite. you can decide for yourself if it's worth one more raise as an almost 2:1 fave....
Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are the favorite to improve, but you are going to get re-raised here every time because your opponent cannot se beyond his board. Since your advantage is not as great as the cost of putting in two additional bets the best option is to call

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand what this means at all.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You are the favorite to improve, but you are going to get re-raised here every time because your opponent cannot se beyond his board. Since your advantage is not as great as the cost of putting in two additional bets the best option is to call

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Presumably it means the presence of the all-in player makes our equity less than 50% here (which I'm not sure of - anyone able to run some hand ranges?), and jamming 5th no longer becomes profitable?
Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 PM

4th: Unless you think seat 8 is too timid to bet I think the better play here is to check/raise so you won't give seat 6 correct odds to call.

5th: You have the better hand, so I'd keep raising. EDIT: I think this is especially true because every 7, 3, and 1 is still in the deck.

I'm just learning razz so take this advice with a grain of salt...
Old 01-26-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Presumably it means the presence of the all-in player makes our equity less than 50% here (which I'm not sure of - anyone able to run some hand ranges?), and jamming 5th no longer becomes profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

two words: side pot.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

two words: side pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Another two words: good point!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It means I misread the board, I was thinking the 2h which jammed on 3rd was still in action, in reality the 2h is freewheeling. Hero is a huge favorite - get your money in there!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2007, 04:11 PM

I figure this is the worst-case scenario, and you're a solid favorite. Jam fifth:

Gone: qd js 2h td jd kc 9s kd
6s 5s 2s 4d Jh 0.578
As 8c 3c 5d 9h 0.422