Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Howard Stern/Stuttering John Question

I stopped listening to the Stern Show after they replaced Jackie with that obnoxious A-hole who can't shut the ---k up, plus I don't have that satellite radio thing to hear the new show. Anyway, I noticed "Stuttering" John on the Leno show around a year or so ago, and was wondering how that all came about? Was John let go like Jackie was, and then picked up by Leno? Was John stolen by Leno? What does Stern think about John on the Leno show? I notice Howard doing the talk-show circuit, but I haven't seen him do Leno. Is there a bit of a feud going on?

Thanks for any update.

PS. Why hire John on the tonight show, and then not send him out to do his interview shtick? If all they're gonna do is have him say, "Heeeere's Jay Leno," they should at least have him stutter the line once in a while.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Howard Stern/Stuttering John Question

[ QUOTE ]
I stopped listening to the Stern Show after they replaced Jackie with that obnoxious A-hole who can't shut the ---k up, plus I don't have that satellite radio thing to hear the show. Anyway, I noticed "Stuttering" John on the Leno show around a year or so ago, and was wondering how that all came about? Was John let go like Jackie was, and then picked up by Leno? Was John stolen by Leno? What does Stern think about John on the Leno show? I notice Howard doing the talk-show circuit, but I haven't seen him do Leno. Is there a bit of a feud going on?

Thanks for any update.

PS. Why hire John on the tonight show, and then not send him out to do his interview shtick? If all they're gonna do is have him say, "Heeeere's Jay Leno," they should at least have him stutter the line once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was stolen basically. Offerend lots of $$$ by Leno and then he left the Stern show. Stern has had a problem with Leno for "stealing" his material for years. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He won't do Leno ever. Stuttering John has "a name", plus he writes some bits. The reason he doesn't do the same shtick is because it's National Television and Leno is a stiff.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Artie is hilarious. Much more entertaining then Robin is.

I liked Jackie also though. He is back on with a weekly show on one of the channels, or at least he was. I don't listen to much of the programming they have that isn't the main show
Old 01-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Artie rules. Jackie was a hack.

Stutterring John left maybe a year before Howard went to Satelite. They had a contest to replace him called "Win Stutterring John's job" that was won by Richard Christie. Howard always says he's happy for John, since he gets paid alot now. Howard hasn't liked Leno for years before John left.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:40 PM

I happened to read all of this on wikipedia a few months ago. There's a very detailed explanation of things. Go check there.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 PM

Richard Christie and Sal both won.

I believe Leno offered Stuttering John $1MM/year, which is why, although Stern hated the move, he doesn't spend any time on air bashing John for it.

PS ... Artie>>>>>>>Jackie (in talent, likeability, size, etc.)
Old 01-26-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe Leno offered Stuttering John $1MM/year, which is why, although Stern hated the move, he doesn't spend any time on air bashing John for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. Richard Christine won the contest. Shortly thereafter, they offered Sal a job and even Dan the song parody man was working in studio.

Oh and Artie pwns
Old 01-26-2007, 08:20 PM

I stand corrected. I'm mixing up that couple of weeks where they both did his job for a week and were great.

I had assumed they "tied".
Old 01-26-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even close. Eff Jackie. Artie brings so much more to the table on the show. All Jackie did was laugh in the background.

I wish they'd bring KC back.

b
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. Richard Christine won the contest. Shortly thereafter, they offered Sal a job and even Dan the song parody man was working in studio.

Oh and Artie pwns

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Sal was bawling about not making it. God it was pathetic to hear.

b