Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:08 AM

Default NL25 6max Stats chekup

Hello guys. I'm completely new to Nolimit. I played only limit 6-max 1-2, 2-4. After 150K i was wining player. Now i'm trying to learn no limit because i think it is more perspective.
I have played 5K hands on Stars and its time to chekup the statistics. I know that 5k is not the sufficient distance but maybe you'll see absolutely unnormal things.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: NL25 6max Stats chekup

The only thing I see is that your preflop raise % is a little low for a VPIP of 23%.

Also your river aggression factor is a tad low, imo... I know I used to have turn and river aggro factors of about 1.5 and I'd review hands and find some really bad calls on those two streets. Once I got my aggro factor up above 2 on each of those, my results really started to improve. And remember, you don't necessarily need go nuts betting and raising more to raise your aggro factors, just simply calling less will do the trick too.

But as always, it's hard to tell a lot just looking at stats, but I'd maybe start by reviewing your hands looking for spots preflop where you could raise instead of call and also looking at light river calls you make.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I see is that your preflop raise % is a little low for a VPIP of 23%.

Also your river aggression factor is a tad low, imo... I know I used to have turn and river aggro factors of about 1.5 and I'd review hands and find some really bad calls on those two streets. Once I got my aggro factor up above 2 on each of those, my results really started to improve. And remember, you don't necessarily need go nuts betting and raising more to raise your aggro factors, just simply calling less will do the trick too.

But as always, it's hard to tell a lot just looking at stats, but I'd maybe start by reviewing your hands looking for spots preflop where you could raise instead of call and also looking at light river calls you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd also try to find some more thin river value bets and raises. Opponents at NL 25 tend not to fold once they've put any money in the pot on the river.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 PM

Nothing jumps out to me as being bad. I'd like to see your positional stats.