UTG+1: t4200
MP1: t3810
Hero: t12390
MP3: t6145
CO: t2805
Button: t1480
SB: t11745
BB: t10645

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t800</font>, 3 folds, SB calls t700 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1100)</font>, BB calls t600 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1800)</font>.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t2400, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t1800</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t5000</font>, BB folds, Hero - ?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: 50 more to money, KJs

Shoves it all in as a 60% favourite to win the hand.
9 outs for you flush draw plus 6 outs for your overcards.
Okay, he may be playing tricky with a pocket pair here or might have AT so your overcard outs are reduced but the pot odds are still good.
If you think he's bluffing, you could get tricky and call then shove him all in on the turn but that is a dependent play...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:01 AM

I almost never raise to 4x preflop, especially with the stack sizes here since there are tons of people with a good stack to reraise. A 600 chip raise thins them out the same but saves you 200 chips and keeps the pot smaller postflop.

On the flop, I like your bet size and once he c/r's I pretty much always cram here. His most likely hand is a ten, and against that unless he had KT or JT you have 15 outs and you're the favorite in the hand. No qualms about getting the money in here.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost never raise to 4x preflop, especially with the stack sizes here since there are tons of people with a good stack to reraise. A 600 chip raise thins them out the same but saves you 200 chips and keeps the pot smaller postflop.

On the flop, I like your bet size and once he c/r's I pretty much always cram here. His most likely hand is a ten, and against that unless he had KT or JT you have 15 outs and you're the favorite in the hand. No qualms about getting the money in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I would also fold KJs preflop with your stack and these tiny blinds. Winning 300 chips means pretty much nothing with you so why risk getting into a bloated pot with an inferior hand that is likely dominated in order to win those 300 chips?

Some superlagtards might advocate playing KJs here but I have never seen the value in it 60bbs deep
Old 01-26-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you think he's bluffing, you could get tricky and call then shove him all in on the turn but that is a dependent play...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like a 1/3 pot shove...just shove now on flop. You're either ahead or slighlt behind if he's tricky, but with the amount of chips already in there you can't get away anyways.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I would also fold KJs preflop with your stack and these tiny blinds. Winning 300 chips means pretty much nothing with you so why risk getting into a bloated pot with an inferior hand that is likely dominated in order to win those 300 chips?

Some superlagtards might advocate playing KJs here but I have never seen the value in it 60bbs deep

[/ QUOTE ]

Fiji--

If your hand is very often dominated when played against, then necessarily you will be picking up those (significant) blinds often. And if it's not very often dominated, it's a good playing hand (and indeed sometimes dominating). 60BBs is, actually, a better depth for this hand than many others -- a bit shallower and you're stuck not being able to call many preflop reraises and turning your hand into a pure steal. Deeper, you will be called (not reraised) more often, and you will be able to call some smaller reraises. And you're deep with a hand that can make big hands and respectable one pairs.

Gobbo's point about preflop sizing is excellent, I think. If your opponents are insensitive to the difference between 3 and 4 BBs, might as well do your preflop work more cheaply and leave yourself more material to work with, relative to the pot size, after the flop with your position and solid hand.

--Nate