Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Most unexplainable thing thats ever happened to you

Describe something that has happened to you that you cant explain or something you experienced that seems out of this world.

Mine-

In 1996, while I was in the Army, I was stationed in Bosnia as part of our countrys Peace Implementation Force. We would often find ourselves on guard duty.

Our camp was on top of a big, steep hill. There was concertina wire and barbed wire all along the sides of the hill and all along the top were 7 or 8 guard towers.

I was on guard duty at about 2:30 AM one morning when I saw a light coming from about 300 yards away. It seemed to be just hovering in the air about 7 or 8 feet off the ground. A couple of the other towers reported seeing it as well. After a couple minutes, the light intensified. It kept getting brighter and brighter until you had to shield your eyes to look at it. At its brightest point it looked like it was daytime all around us. After a couple minutes, the light took off into the sky and disapeared. We tried to figure out what it was and everyone was talking about it but noone could figure it out. There were no trip flares or anything like that being used or in the area. The next day we were interviewed to explain what we saw but it didnt seem to go anywhere.

Ok, thats my one weird thing thats happened to me. Anyone else have any stories of unexplainable things happening to them?

MDoranD
Old 02-08-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Most unexplainable thing thats ever happened to you

My family used to have a subscription to TV Guide. I took the current issue out of the mail box brought it to my room etc. One morning a few days later i wake up and theres 2 copies of the current issue in my room. I asked everyone who has access to the house if they put it on my nightstand and everyone said no. I still ask years later to see if it was a joke, but no one will admit to it. Not only that but the 2nd one also had our address and name on it as well. It was as if the Magazine duplicated itself.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:36 AM

man, that's not a bad idea for a practical joke
Old 02-08-2006, 11:56 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

I think I was about 5 or 6, and I was running down the stairs to the den of my house holding a Star Wars figure ( I believe it was one of those pig guards from cloud city. ). I tripped and fell down a few steps. I believe it was one of those pig guards from cloud city. Me and my mother tore the den apart looking for it and it never appeared. I'll never understand it because our house is pretty tiny/clean with not much clutter. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2006, 11:58 AM

You had been driving mom crazy playing with the damn thing and she tok the opportunity to throw it away when you weren't looking.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man, that's not a bad idea for a practical joke

[/ QUOTE ]

sending someone to Bosnia?
Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had been driving mom crazy playing with the damn thing and she tok the opportunity to throw it away when you weren't looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and your turtle didn't run away either. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Actually it was just a guess since I've pulled the same move myself.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and your turtle didn't run away either. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Actually it was just a guess since I've pulled the same move myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

She wasn't around until I asked her to help me find, and I doubt that one figure out of 50 would cause her much angst.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM

I have dealt with ghosts a lot in my lifetime. The house I currently live in is haunted and a lot of unexplainable things happen. I'll just give the most crazy one.

This happened at my old house. About a year after my father passed away, we were having a Halloween Party at my house. My buddies and I all dressed up as Batman Villians that year and one guy came dressed as Batman. After many drinks, people started staging fights and taking pictures of Batman fighting various villains. One of the pictures was taken in front of a huge atrium door in our family room. When the picture was developed, it came out as it should have with me (the riddler) holding Batman in a full nelson, but there was an extra character in the picture. As clear as anything else in the picture is my father's reflection in the atrium door window. He was smiling.