Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Blind battle with history

This is my first hand at the table but villian and I have tangled often. He is 17/14/4. Our history has him getting the best of me. My view is that he doesnt respect my aggression in hands. comments
no rr preflop for reasons i stated

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($197)
UTG ($156)
MP ($86.80)
CO ($338.75)
Button ($77.20)
SB ($269.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $28</font>, SB calls $20.

Turn: ($68) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($68) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $46
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Blind battle with history

this seems like a value bet that he wants you to call. Also, what can he have on the flop that calls you raise oop and that you beat now? I guess he can have qt,kt but those seem like hands that e would want to sd cheap, so your only hope is something like J9,J8 that he may bluff with.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM

I think RRing preflop is especially important for the reasons you stated unless you think he's going to 4bet you light. You have position on every street and almost certainly the best hand, and if you're tightening up to the point of waiting for premium hands then he'll be running over you in the meantime and would probably catch on to the fact that you're not playing back at him light anymore. You should always keep your opponent guessing in this situation, especially when he has the audacity to think he can [censored] around on your big blind from the SB. You should take it personally when someone thinks he can walk all over you when you have position on him.

That rant aside: I think postflop is great, and call the river.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:19 PM

flop and turn look good. I think it's a pretty standard call on the river here (lots of weaker 1 pair hands, bluffs, etc, especially what you've said already about the history)

but like gooftroop said, with history i'm thrilled to be reraising this pf- it's way too strong to just call with here.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:19 PM

river is a fold imo

ejay said what i wanted to say