Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Going to Be On TV (Strat/Advice/Hang Out?)

Hey Guys. This is a little off topic, but this is probably the best forum for it. It's just a general advice/sweat post.

I'm going to be playing in the Ultimate Poker Challenge: Cash Poker event on Feb 1st. Check it out: http://www.ultimatepokerchallenge.co...oker/index.php

It's a 9 handed game with some TV Pros. Blinds are $75/150 with a $25 ante. Min buyin is $25k, max is $100k.

Firstly, how much money do you think I should bring? I'm planning to bring $100k and buyin for $25k so I have some rebuys because I can't figure out how to get more than $100k there since that's all the money I have offline. I'm thinking though if a huge fish has 100k on the table, I might just throw the whole $100k on the table and risk it. Anyone know of a way to get online $$ turned into cash in Vegas in the next week?

Also, I'm gonna be in Vegas only from the 31st to the 2nd I think. If any HSNLers are in town and wanna meet up, I could probably make time. I could also use the sweat if anyone wanted to come watch the game. You might get on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing I'm looking for is a little play strategy. I know how to play poker, but I don't have much live experience. I'm not asking for help with tells and stuff. I just don't really know how live pros play differs from online pros. I'm sure they'll be much less aggro and proably more straightforward, but like, I don't know how they'll react to my style of play. I don't really know what I'm trying to ask you guys. Just any tips would be appreciated.

Also, assuming I want to be famous, how should I act at the table? Should I talk a lot? I usually don't because I hate most poker players.

Lastly, I'm allowed one sponsor. Anyone know some important people who could get me a sponsorship deal real quick? I'm guaranteed to be on TV for a decent chunk of time, so I feel like I'm missing an opportunity if I don't get a sponsor. Lee Jones? FTP Doug? Anyone? I'll win lotsa money and make your site look good. I swear.

If I can't figure it out I might have to end up wearing a ShipitHolla Balla Hat.

Thanks for listening guys.