Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:43 PM

Default OT - Fat Ass Weight Loss Challenge

The years gone by so quickly, I have grown like a motha trucka as a poker player but also as a certifiable fat ass. Started the year at 220, right now 288.

Was interested if any of my fellow full timers would be interested in a "Fat Ass Challenge" to finish out the year.

I'd like to dump 60 lbs by the end of the year and would be willing to put my money where my mouth is by either challenging someone or taking nay-sayers. It is pretty sad that I need motivation to lose weight but I am a competitive person I guess.

Call it a good way to finish the year.

Cit said I would die if I tried to hard, and he's prolly right but yo I's gotta do something.

Seth
Old 09-15-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: OT - Fat Ass Weight Loss Challenge

dude, you didn't put it on in 3 months. you don't need to try to take it off in 3. set a more realistic goal for year end. make the 60 goal long term. you do understand long term dont cha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I aint a full timer but I been on my on quest about 3 weeks now. 44 yrs old. 5'4" 215 lbs. been on the roller coaster yoyo for many moons now. I've dropped to 200 last 3 weeks and am shooting for total of 60 also. Aint started back exercising yet (used to ride my bike about 200-300 miles a week) but exercise is gotta be a part of any LONG TERM sucsessful plan. gl.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you didn't put it on in 3 months. you don't need to try to take it off in 3. set a more realistic goal for year end. make the 60 goal long term. you do understand long term dont cha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I aint a full timer but I been on my on quest about 3 weeks now. 44 yrs old. 5'4" 215 lbs. been on the roller coaster yoyo for many moons now. I've dropped to 200 last 3 weeks and am shooting for total of 60 also. Aint started back exercising yet (used to ride my bike about 200-300 miles a week) but exercise is gotta be a part of any LONG TERM sucsessful plan. gl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post, thank you for the encouragement. The sad fact is pretty much I have put it on since May so a little more then 3 months but I agree with what your saying. I have a degree in a related field and understand that concept of 2lbs a week for a normal person. I've hired a trainer for 2 hours a week for weight training and have developed a program to get this together. Its a tough road, but the experience isn't the goal its the journey right? The goal is 60 by years end and I am gonna work as hard as I can to reach where I want to be, just like my poker goals.

I appreciate your comments and your support. Thank you

Seth
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 PM

find time every day to take a walk...get up to about 1-2 miles a day. eats lots of grains (rice, wheat) and lots of protein. problem solved.

*looking around* what are you doing? get your ass out of that chair and start walking! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 11:35 PM

My brother lost a fair amount more than you need to and kept it off. He swam for about 2 or 3 hours a day for about a year. He didn't swim real fast or anything, just kept going. He also didn't eat as much and very little junk, but no crash diet or anything.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:51 PM

im 5'10''. 175 pounds and 10% body fat. life is good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. but i suck at poker, im break even over the last 2 months [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sad fact is pretty much I have put it on since May so a little more then 3 months

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably didn't just start in May. Some of the gained weight was probaly muscle mass at the first of the year. Muscle weighs more that fat. So as the muscle atrophies and is replaced with fat you get more body mass but stay around the same weight. When you get to the point where very little muscled is left to atrophy is when the gained weight starts to show up. At least I think thats how it goes. I think I read most of that in "Fit or Fat" by Covert Bailey. Good read. I'd suggest getting it. Anywho, sounds like your on the right track. And remember your planning on staying on that track even when you make goal so it doesn't really matter how long it takes as long as you stay steady.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 AM

How tall are you, OP?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:48 AM

I will be your slave if you can shed 68 pounds in 3 months. It's impossible.

You're a fatass for letting yourself gain 68 pounds in 9 months. Do you eat lard?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 AM

Im 5,8 130-135 pounds, Id like to put on some muscle and start running again. Schedule is a little busy for it right now.