Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Gobboboy interview crosspost

Gobbo interview about the Aussie Millions
*link deleted*
Old 01-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Gobboboy interview crosspost

What was your impression of the Aussie Millions?

The buy-in was 10K AUS which is 8k USD. 99% of the field could not tie their shoes. They were complete idiots.

How was the shorthanded action at the final table?

It was awesome. I tilted them. Gus and Andy were literally afraid to play a pot with me.

Nice attitude there.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:37 PM

They were pretty bad. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I was harsh but don't forget, this interview was with a friend of mine over AIM. I didn't know just how many people were going to be seeing the interview. Context is important.

And as for gus and andy, they WERE afraid to play a pot with me 3 handed. They kept calling preflop and check/folding every flop. I ended up blinding down andy to nothing and then gus started tilt cramming 40 bb's to my raises.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:45 PM

I guess you should ask him to edit it, because it does make you come across as very arrogant. Tho I doubt you care what we think (nor should you).

Congrats on the finish.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you should ask him to edit it, because it does make you come across as very arrogant. Tho I doubt you care what we think (nor should you).

Congrats on the finish.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you shouldnt be such a pussy
Old 01-29-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or not played like a retard. There was this hand too. Antonius opens from under the gun 6-handed to 60k. I call with pockets 6’s in position. The big blind makes it 200k more with a stack of 1.7 million which i cover, Antonius folds and I call again. My preflop play was marginal but still fine. I don’t mind going for set value against Antonius with such deep stacks. When the big blind reraises, I have to flop a set almost every time and get paid most times for it to be good but I don’t mind gambling a little bit either. I really thought the guy had a big pair. Anyway, the flop is Q74 with a club draw. He checks and I check behind. A lot of people will try to checkraise with QQ or better here and sometimes even AK, so I went for the 2 outer one time dealer. The turn was a 5 offsuit giving me an open ended straight draw. He bets out 400k, I cram. My line so far looked ridiculously like a midpair. So when he bets 400k I thought I could represent any pair from 44 to 77 very easily. So I cram and he tanks FOREVER and folds a pair and a flush draw, 95 clubs, which I would’ve folded very quickly. He obviously didn’t respect me very much. That gave me the chiplead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously didn't respect you? What about the 2 times I folded top pair to you and showed just a short time earlier?

I honestly would have snap called you if I had a pair over 7 in this hand. Thats why I took so long to fold. I was 100% sure you were making a move here but I was scared you were bluffing with the best hand, which you were.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 AM

lol i guess he forgot how hard he luckboxed in this tourny. good work fatso.