Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Default \"Recent Archives\" problems

I have rarely ever used the archives in the past, but want to now and am having problems so I want to see if anyone knows what is wrong. I am aware that the servers were down for a few days recently but they seem like they are up again now.

First of all, to get to the archives I am clicking on “Older Archives” on the left hand menu and then click on the “Click here to read the recent archives button” – is there a better way to access them that I am missing?

Now that I am in the archives I see the list of forums. If I click a forum (Heads-up and Short-Handed for example) no threads are displayed. If I start from the main list of forums and click on the “Last post” link within the forum I want then it displays that thread and I can view all the posts in that thread but if I click index then I also don’t see any posts.

Now, some forums seem to work. If I click “Politics” or “Science, Math, and Philosophy” then I get a bunch of threads, but I really don’t care about these posts. I am trying to find out information about short handed limit holdem.

Regarding the search function – I can’t seem to get it to work at all. Maybe someone can explain to me how it works. I am totally familiar with the regular search and can usually massage it to get what I want, but I can’t get any results with the archive search at all. Example: I want to see all posts made by sfer – no results. I want to see all posts from schneids – no results. No combination of dates that I have tried has yielding results.

Maybe the archives are still not functioning correctly? I see people viewing them though.

So, what’s up here?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: \"Recent Archives\" problems

Did I post this in the wrong forum? I really want to be able to read the archives and can't do it atm and am requesting some help (or at least, confirmation that they are busted atm).
Old 01-25-2007, 06:52 PM

When you click on the 'Older Archives' link in the green sidebar, you're brought to the really really old archives. Try this link instead:

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/

For some reason it seems like you have to login there, althought you never used to have to. Dunno why.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Yah, you get to the same place either direction (going direct as you suggest or clicking the links as I said I did).

The end result is the same, if I click your link and then click the "Heads-Up Shorthanded Forum" there are no threads displayed at all.

I'm not even trying to use the search function.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 PM

I tried it again, and it does seem broken.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Lame.

Thanks for the confirmation. I really hope this gets fixed.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:04 PM

I just PMed Ryan, and he said that the archives are down for maintennence. They'll be back in a few days.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah, you get to the same place either direction (going direct as you suggest or clicking the links as I said I did).

The end result is the same, if I click your link and then click the "Heads-Up Shorthanded Forum" there are no threads displayed at all.

I'm not even trying to use the search function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll to the bottom and click on the "Change" button next to "Show from all dates"...

As I write this, "There are 1 registered and 38 anonymous users online." in the archives... which means people are not logging in to read the archive forums... it appears that you must be logged in to use the search however, which based on other posts seems to be a change from previous functionality.

fwiw, additional posts were recently archived... the archive server now goes thru 9/14/05.