Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 10:43 AM

Default FTP $26 ($15k Guarantee) Final Table, KJs 7 Handed

Final table of 8:00 Full Tilt $15,000 Guaranteed ($26 buy-in)

Cutoff has been very active lately re-stealing and calling in position or in the blinds to take pots away.

No reads on SB, have only played about 10 hands with him, but seems solid.

My image is tight/agressive but I am willing to back down from pressure, although SB probably does not have that read yet.

My intention on this flop was to check-raise overactive Cutoff. Thoughts about what to do when SB beats me to it?

Full Tilt Poker $15,000 Guarantee
2500/5000 Ante 600 - No Limit Hold'em
Seat 2: Button (41,124)
Seat 3: SB (304,369)
Seat 4: BB (116,324)
Seat 5: MP1 (119,730)
Seat 6: MP2 (72,382)
Seat 7: Hero (160,361)
Seat 9: CO (388,710)
Button antes 600
SB antes 600
BB antes 600
MP1 antes 600
MP2 antes 600
Hero antes 600
CO antes 600
SB posts the small blind of 2,500
BB posts the big blind of 5,000
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Two folds, Hero raises to 14,000, CO calls 14,000, Button folds, SB calls 11,500, BB folds

*** FLOP *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (51,200 in pot)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets 35,000, SB raises to 70,000
Hero ?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: FTP $26 ($15k Guarantee) Final Table, KJs 7 Handed

I would be interested in hearing the replies to this one as it may be one of my biggest weaknesses but here Im usually pushing all in.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 AM

hold on I missed the check on the flop I would have bet here and found out exactly where I stood. I would bet 60-70% of the pot and see what the other do. If Im put all in it will be a tough decision. the only hand I would really be fearing is AJ as most other hands that beat you like JJ 99 would have raised preflop, and 66 should have folded. I think maybe AJ is out there against you but like I said this is one of my major weaknesses.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Think about what you're saying. You have 30 BBs with 7 left and are thinking about getting it in on the flop with TP2K against two opponents who have bet and minraised, both of whom have you significantly covered.

And yes, YOU should have led this flop.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think about what you're saying. You have 30 BBs with 7 left and are thinking about getting it in on the flop with TP2K against two opponents who have bet and minraised, both of whom have you significantly covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same conclusion and I would always lead the flop but that's just my style. It would interesting to hear why we SHOULD lead the flop and how we respond then if CO folds and SB minraises.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:27 PM

We lead this flop because it has hit our hand and we might very well have the best of it right now. Therefore, on a drawing type board such as this we are protecting our hand gaining information and potentially getting value.

Since SB hasn't been at this table for very long I have to assume he doesn't have the same read that we do of CO, but maybe he does and was just making a play. Just because, lets assume now that SB check min-raises us. Where do we go from here?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So a check-raise on the flop is not a good line to take against an opponent you are 90% certain will bet any flop that is checked to him? Is this solely because we are 3-handed or are we afraid of giving a free card on a drawing board?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So a check-raise on the flop is not a good line to take against an opponent you are 90% certain will bet any flop that is checked to him? Is this solely because we are 3-handed or are we afraid of giving a free card on a drawing board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both + value if we have the best hand. I say "if" because I'm assuming SB will c/r us as well, but I'm not sure.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM

I dont think you really understand. How can you be sure that the villan will bet 90% of the time when checked to him. Are you not confusing it with hands in which possibly he was the leader, or limped pots to which he bets at when checked to him. All of those are completely different situations and you shouldn't mix up the two.

Also this is a pretty easy laydown now that you have to better and a miniraiser in the pot, pretty easy fold now although you should have bet at it to begin with.