Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 03:46 AM

Default What percentage of the time do you play MTTs?

I wanted to make it 100% of the time and try to do really well in them but I find it too hard with bankroll fluctuations. Right now its 70% MTTs, 30% sit n gos.

What about you guys?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Re: What percentage of the time do you play MTTs?

Until Jan I was about 95% SNGs 5% MTTs. I just dabbled in MTTs for fun from time to time. Then, I got lucky and chopped for first in the 45k. This 11k score was about as much as I had made in the previous year playing. Since then, I've been 95% MTTs. I only play SNGs now if I don't have time for a full MTT. I'll probably balance it out more once I come down off this heater and reality sets in.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:00 AM

I'm pretty sure it's north of 95%.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:01 AM

95-100% a week and when you are having a week like I am it is hella-frustrating.
~Justin
Old 02-08-2006, 04:05 AM

I don't play MTTs or SNGs regularly since I'm at school now, so don't take my response too seriously if you play a lot.

I tend to mix up what I play. I'll be in a SNG mood for a couple of weeks and instead of playing MTT's for long periods of time, I like to play several SNGs at a time for a couple hours. Other weeks I'm in an MTT mood. I usually switch up what I play to keep my interest level high.

Granted, I'm not playing more than 3 SNGs at a time or 2 MTTs at a time, but I end up splitting my time about 60% MTT and 40% SNG, but I tend to mix it up a little bit.

Obviously for someone who plays a lot of MTTs and SNGs, variance is higher in the MTT area, so SNGs can be used as a game of stability (at least in comparison to MTTs).

In general, I mix it up, but again I probably play about 5-10% as much as a lot of the posters on here...
Old 02-08-2006, 04:12 AM

I just caught a wiff of the MTT scent this week and am hooked. Normally a cash game player, however, I stumbled across this forum, and one thing lead to another. I can't express in words how [censored] awesome this forum is. After many late nights reading and soaking up all this info I'm gonna start playing MTT more frequently. If I can score a 5 figure cash by the end of the summer I'll be more than statisfied.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 AM

I would say 80% for me. I still want to be good at the cash games, and I gotta grind out my 1000 Raked hands for the Cabin Fever free rolls.

C-Dog
Old 02-08-2006, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can score a 5 figure cash by the end of the summer I'll be more than statisfied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hee hee. I'm the same way... I really want my first 5-figure cash. My two biggest cashes so far are for $9800 and $9700. Five digits seems like an elusive dream...
Old 02-08-2006, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
95-100% a week and when you are having a week like I am it is hella-frustrating.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Is your FT% below 20 this week? Man that's a shame. Hope you get back on track
Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 AM

35 tournies in Feb, no cashes and everytime I get KO'd it seems to be on an 80/20 when I still come out on the bad side... just common variance but the way and manner it is happening in is getting to me.
~Justin