Default 50NL AA facing full pot donkbet

Holdem No Limit - $0.5 BB

CO ($144.73) [Hero]
Button ($90.32)
SB ($99.50)
BB ($27.69)
UTG ($25)
MP ($101.17)

Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Preflop: (5 players, $0.75)
MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50 and raises $2, 3 folds, MP calls $2

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players, $5.75)
MP bets $5, Hero ???

---

Villian is 19/3/4 over 40 hands.

What's your move here?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: 50NL AA facing full pot donkbet

hmmm, stacks are deep. I see no harm in calling here trying to keep the pot small and let him think his hand is good. See what the turn brings and his actions.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 AM

Im moving AI on the flop.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats terrible. Look at the stacks. You are letting villain play perfectly.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:14 AM

Call. This guys not felting something dumb like AT here. Sample size is too small to even factor in his AF. Obv he doesn't raise a lot but is he open limping a lot or donk betting at all? I'd try to call down for cheap here. He's folding 23 pf and no other 2 pair hands make sense. 22 and 33 he's obv open limping and maybe he's nittish enough to open limp TT, but I would def discount this scenario bc of small sample size. If he pots the turn you're prob beat honestly (edit: I dunno if this holds w/ the sample size. If sample was over 200 hands I would think we're beat on turn more than not.). If it goes lead pot on flop, lead pot turn and lead pot river I'd fold river unless I hit my A.

IMO this is a situation where you can only win a little and lose a whole lot against this villain. I wouldn't raise the flop here. I would not be happy putting in 200bb with one pair against this opponent. If he doesn't have a big hand he will slow down and if you do call down some 1/2 pot bets on turn and river you will be getting good value from your hand (edit:from Tx and small pp).
Old 01-24-2007, 02:19 AM

Call him down. I have played close to 500 K hands at this limit probably. He's got either a set or is bluffing at you, thinking you have something like ace high and thinks you're capable of laying it down. I would call him down
Old 01-24-2007, 03:34 AM

My standard line here is to call down..OTOH with stacks this deep I will sometimes raise the flop bet..My intention with the raise is to fold if RR and if called check turn..If villain smooth call flop raise you will have a decision on river if villain lead with a PSB..You will usually have to call because your turn check could have induce a bluff from a weaker hand..Another advantage to raising the flop is if villain does have a set he will most likely try a stack-a-donk line and your raise bought you 2 cards to improve to a bigger set..Unlikely but when stacks are 200BBs deep the raise could by you his stack...

With 100BBs stack I would never raise this flop bet...
Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 AM

I think I just call here. If you raise he will fold his TP hands and those that he tried to take the pot away from you with. He might reraise or push with a set or an overpair. With stacks so deep, that is a really nasty decision to make. So I try to keep it simple and call and have a look at the turn. If he pots it again, I can see myself folding.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats terrible. Look at the stacks. You are letting villain play perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be iamVilliaNmo's reply to everything, probably best just to ignore him.

As for the hand I would call.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 AM

If you want to take an aggressive line then raise to get some more information. If the villian has anything other than TT then it will put the element of doubt in his mind. Also, pot sized bets on the flop are pretty standard on the flop these days for anything from a total bluff to a draw to middle pair. By itself it is very vague. A raise will help clarify where you stand in the hand.

If you want to take a passive line that will enable the villian to fire another barrel at you on the turn with a lower overpair, top pair or even a middle pair, then call.

If you want to play scared then make the big laydown.

Remember his range is important. At these stakes he could be making this bet, after having called you PF, with KK, QQ, JJ, AK. If the villian has a set at these stakes then he will mostly try to disguise his hand by waiting till the turn to pop you with a reraise in the hope that you are pot committed enough to stay with the hand.

Don't be overly concerned at the prospect of AT or other 2nd best hands or a bluff folding to your raise. AA generally wins smaller pots. Unless of course, as happened to me on FTP $50NL a couple of nights ago, you are fortunate enough to get reraised allin preflop by KK!! Happened twice in 20 min. Droooool.

Regards,
puckle.