Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Default question about no fat mayo and low carb bread.

i've been on a pretty super strict diet for almost 2 weeks now . i'm on some high power fat burners and my diet is pretty much killer. 2 questions though:

1) how gross is no fat mayo? regular mayo has so much fat, but makes every sandwich a good time. miracle whip has much less, but still a good amount.

2) does anyone have any reccomendations for low carb bread? am i correct in assuming that no carb bread does not exist? i live in nyc so if you have a good reccomendation, i can probably find it without much trouble.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: question about no fat mayo and low carb bread.

"1) how gross is no fat mayo? regular mayo has so much fat, but makes every sandwich a good time. miracle whip has much less, but still a good amount."

I use this all the time for stuff like potato salad and the taste isn't bad at all. I hate mayo on sandwiches so I can't really comment.

may I suggest hummus as a tasty and healthy alternative to dressing on your sandwiches?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 PM

I have no recommendations for either, but having lost a TON of weight on low carb (more than most people on here probably weigh to begin with) I can tell you to not mix low carb with low fat. You will be miserable and unsatisfied. It's asking to be constantly hungry. In fact, if you are doing low carb you need to make sure to eat plenty of healthy fats, as being in lipolysis relies on the proportion of fat to carbohydrates that you're eating, not the proportion of protein to carbohydrates.

-bb.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:03 PM

The low fat hellmanns is actually very good, half the fat of the original. No fat mayo, gross. Low carb bread, eh. You are going low carb and low fat? Thats not good. I want to know what your daily meals are like.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:04 PM

I really can't tell the difference between regular and low fat mayo.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:06 PM

I love all this stuff but am on a strict diet too

Vinegar is your friend. I put vinegar on any/all sandwiches I eat.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM

for bread i eat extra fiber bread made from whole grain - as opposed to enriched wheat flour. it has a few less calories/slice and usually much less calories from fat/slice.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM

i weigh 265 pounds and am 6'3''.

i wake up and eat a bowl of oatmeal within the first 15 minutes of being awake. that is around 165 calories.

1.5-2 hours later i eat 4 eggs scrambled.

a couple hours later i eat some chicken breast with broccoli.

2 or 3 hours later i will usually eat a turkey or tuna sandwich prior to weight training.

i work out very, very hard most days, then go home.

i drink a whey protein shake of ~50 grams of protein, then eat more carbs, almost always in the form of a sandwich. usually turkey or tuna with a small amount of mayo.

3 hours or so later i'll eat either more chicken breast or a filet of fish ( usually salmon, sometimes catfish ).

if i need something else before i go to bed, i'll eat a small amount of chicken or tuna, or like, some unsalted mixed nuts.

if i am craving something sweet during the day i'll eat a strawberry yogurt cup which is like 160 calories and organic.

i cheat 2 or less times per week, and cheating to me is not too bad. the other day i ate an egg salad sandwich at a diner. oh and maybe once a week i get a chicken and rice platter from the cart down the street after a work out. on paper it doesn't sound like cheating, but the chicken is greasy and delicious and they use a pretty fatty white sauce on it.

i consider my main problem right now to be bread. i eat 4 pieces of bread a day on average ( i have no idea if this is too much or not ). it's whole grain bread, but i crave more. i no longer crave hamburgers, pizza, candy bars, ice cream or any of the other junk i used to eat, but i would love to be able to eat a little bit more bread just because of the way it fills me up and makes me feel good. hence why i'd like to be able to eat more of it by finding a lower carb version.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Low Fat Mayo really isn't bad at all.

It's going to be impossible to find good low carb bread, but you can find GREAT low calorie bread in Sara Lee's "Delightful" bread, which is only 45 calories a slice!! and it's freaking delicious!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Low Fat Mayo really isn't bad at all.

It's going to be impossible to find good low carb bread, but you can find GREAT low calorie bread in Sara Lee's "Delightful" bread, which is only 45 calories a slice!! and it's freaking delicious!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i've used low fat mayo and enjoyed it before. i'm more curious about no fat mayo.

i will check that out, the bread i have now is 90 calories a slice, 15 from fat and 17 grams of carbs.

anyone know how much carbs i should be getting based on my weight and height? and how much i should be cutting that to lose weight?