UTG (t1135)
UTG+1 (t885)
MP1 (t2325)
MP2 (t3530)
CO (t1715)
Hero (t1765)
SB (t565)
BB (t1580)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t200

Flop: (t650) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t350</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t700</font>, Hero?

Villain is a good player with decent ROI and he is showing strength here, so I'm putting him on a paired king or a flush draw. My bet is kinda small, yeah, but can I really fold here having invested more than 1/3 of my stack already?..

How would you play this hand, if differently?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: ($6): FD with AQ, opponent showing strength

I like your line - 250pf and 300 c/bet makes it easier to get away from if you complelty miss .. I'm also lost between a fold and a push here with 11xbb's especially since this smells like Ks xs , which gives you a few less outs to improve..
Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM

250 pf, 300 flop, push over his minraise
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 PM

there you go...
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM

I shove it in and pray for a flush. You have invested a lot already and you have outs.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM

I'd raise less preflop, making your c-bet less which could potentially make this hand easier to play.

As played, he is giving you more than the direct odds you need to continue with this hand.

I'm going all the way with this hand regardless. You have 9 outs to the flush plus your A could be outs. Some % of the time your Q could be outs and could also be ahead some % of the time. So, this is still a pretty strong hand.

The question becomes is it better to get it all in here or save your chips for the turn when maybe you get some fold equity? Well, really, the only scare cards that could gain you FE equity actually improve your hand. Ie, an A, or a spade. So, if they hit you don't want FE. So, my rambling says to shove rather than flat call here so you don't miss on value when your hand improves.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your line - 250pf and 300 c/bet makes it easier to get away from if you complelty miss .. I'm also lost between a fold and a push here with 11xbb's especially since this smells like Ks xs , which gives you a few less outs to improve..

[/ QUOTE ]

Smells like the KhJc to me.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM

I do not think a +ROI player is min raising you here with a flush draw without the ace or King. Also Pocket pairs are in his PF calling range that could have made a set as well as QQ-TT. Considering he is tight the c-bet is good here and I shove over his min-raise as played.

I am not 100% sure that a shove would have been good if it was t250 PF,t300 on the flop and then villian min-raise to t600.

Against a trickier players you could try a delayed c-bet but here it's more profitable to c-bet.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:31 PM

as played I think you need to push this

preflop make it 250
Old 01-23-2007, 04:37 PM

The PF and c-bet are fine but You have to continue because your outs ( maybe A would be and out) . The thing is that is a 6.50 PS sit , so I did this play a lot with nothing ( I hope not be the villian) to find out if you really had the K . I would call and try a little bluff in the turn with a allin , you still have the change to get a hand in river and some fold equity ( I think not much) , of course if a spade come check-call