Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Booze for the Room

Please move post if this is wrong spot…..

Headed to Vegas this Saturday. Staying at Mirage. Normally I pack in a couple bottles of booze for the hotel room. Now that the airlines don’t allow liquids in the carry on bags, I’ll need to pick up once I arrive. Do they sell liquor in any convenience store? Or are there liquor stores only. (Like Minnesota) Where should I have the cabby go from the airport in route to Mirage?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: Booze for the Room

Super Liquor 2
4080 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV
(702) 734-2600
Old 01-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Fairly certain they sell liquor in the gift shop. Probably not the cheapest prices, but shouldn't be too much more than other places. They do sell liquor at many convenience and grocery stores in LV.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or are there liquor stores only. (Like Minnesota) Where should I have the cabby go from the airport in route to Mirage?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grocery stores like Albertson's carry booze, convenience stores often carry beer, but no booze. A quick stop on the way from the airport to the Mirage is Stage Door on Flamingo. It's on the right side of Flamingo making for a quick in/out, It's across the street from Bally's Sport Book entrance.

Hotel gift shops usually carry booze, but the selection is poor and the prices are high. The one anomaly that I know of is the Orleans, which has a pretty decent liquor store.

For some reason vegas booze prices are higher than Minnesota; you wouldn't expect that with the high Minnesota taxes.

have fun, and bottoms up...
Old 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM

i specifically remember seeing a liquor place inside excalibur, and would imagine there are ones in most other hotels.

i also specifically remember seeing a liquor store on the southern edge of that little inward sticking part of walkway by harrah's.

no idea on the cost at these places.

i also know that my buddy room-serviced a bottle of J&B scotch, or whatever it's called, at flamingo. way over-priced, but if you're a balla, what the hell. i think it was like $36 for a liter.

edit to say that i would just recommend checking your bag and saving some cash. waiting for baggage isn't really that bad; i do it every time i go.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please move post if this is wrong spot…..

Headed to Vegas this Saturday. Staying at Mirage. Normally I pack in a couple bottles of booze for the hotel room. Now that the airlines don’t allow liquids in the carry on bags, I’ll need to pick up once I arrive. Do they sell liquor in any convenience store? Or are there liquor stores only. (Like Minnesota) Where should I have the cabby go from the airport in route to Mirage?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno prices, but there is a liquor store right across the street from Mirage. It's located in that alcove between IP and Harrahs, by where the outdoor stage that Harrahs has is. Carnival Court or whatever its called. Anyway, take the exit out Mirage where you go past the poker room, CPK, Carnagie Deli, then the gift shop and the tigers. Sake the moving walkway out to LV Bl and across the street to Harrahs. Walk through Harrahs and the shop is on the other side of the alcove.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Grocery stores like Albertson's carry booze, convenience stores often carry beer, but no booze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, every Albertsons and Smith's I've been into has an entire liquor/boos section near the beer/malts section. I've got one of each next door to my house.