Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 05:29 AM

Default Strategy: General PF Play with small Pocket Pairs and CB-Size (6max)

First of all, i am writing this because i watched the Video from jsnipes28 playing NL100 6max. Thanks for supplying us with such good stuff.

PF Play with small/medium Pocket Pairs:
I saw him raising 4BB with small Pocket Pairs (66,55) after UTG limped in before. So what's the best range for us to raise after early limpers. Is raising with 22 even good as with 99 ? In the past i played NL50 and if there were any limpers i limped in 22 as 99. My raising range in this cases was TT and above. Maybe this was the cause of my break even play (not winning) at NL100 while beating NL50 with 9 PTBB/100 (approx. 40.000 Hands).

Continuation Bet Size

Whats the best CB Size - i saw jsnipes28 betting 3/4 to 7/8 Pot Size with success. In the past i used to bet only 60-70% Pot Size. He did it with great success in the vid - but i think this depends on the opponents. if they are calling with bottom pair every bet, i think 60-70% would be enough, otherwise i have to bet strong on turn again or give up.

I think this 2 Topics are important for me, to correct some of my leaks at NL100 (6max).
Old 01-23-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Strategy: General PF Play with small Pocket Pairs and CB-Size (6max)

As for your first question you should read this by dbitel: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=6073737
Old 01-23-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Strategy: General PF Play with small Pocket Pairs and CB-Size (6max)

thx for the link to the article. I think this helps me a step forward. What about CB-Sizes ?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Strategy: General PF Play with small Pocket Pairs and CB-Size (6ma

search texture of flop