Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Default pump it then dump it

Live 15/30

MP= Bad loose player who will makes quite a few stabs with air, but quickly goes into loose-passive mode against resistence.
Button= good thinking player.

3 limps I call Kd7d in sb.

Flop: Kc Td 6d
I bet, Mp raises, Button calls, I 3bet, Mp goes 4, Button now caps.

Turn (10bb): 5s
I check, MP bets, Button calls, I fold.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: pump it then dump it

Getting 12:1, I call all the time. You might have as many as 12 clean outs. Even if you thought that 3 remaining 7's were your only outs (ie someone is holding AdXx), it is still a call given implied odds.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 PM

I revised my earlier post as I did not realize you had 2 diamonds. This is an easy call on turn as you may have the best flush draw and two pair outs may be good as well. Folding here would be a mistake.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't like it. Button could be doing this with QdJd or 9d8d, pumping his own straight-flush draw. MP1 has you beat at the moment, but I'm not ready to be convinced that he has a set and button has the A-high flush draw.

You have to call one bet getting 12:1 and closing the action. Easy call. Check/fold the river UI, but bet/call if you hit a K, diamond, or 7.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. Button could be doing this with QdJd or 9d8d, pumping his own straight-flush draw. MP1 has you beat at the moment, but I'm not ready to be convinced that he has a set and button has the A-high flush draw.

You have to call one bet getting 12:1 and closing the action. Easy call. Check/fold the river UI, but bet/call if you hit a K, diamond, or 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, MP could have a lot of stuff when he 2bets the flop but he is definitely not 4betting 3way with only one pair; K6s could be in his range (I doubt T6) but a K or a 7 is most likely not an out for me.

Button could easily have QdJd and I completely blanked on 89d when I was thinking about this hand. My thinking though is that there are more combos of Axd than of QJd. I’m getting 12-1 on about a 6-1 that is good less than half the time I hit it. Adding in 89d though makes it much closer than I had realised. And, yea, I know that making thin laydowns in limit is usually a bad idea.

One more question. If I call and bet a diamond river, what do you think Button’s raising range is?

Thanks for the responses guys.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:27 PM

If button raises the river, his range is mostly made up of nut-flush hands. He has QdJd a very small portion of the time, but you'll be getting 16:1 to make a crying call hoping that's the case. But bet/call is a better river line than bet/fold or check/call.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 15/30

MP= Bad loose player who will makes quite a few stabs with air, but quickly goes into loose-passive mode against resistence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally dumbfounded. You folded top pair and 2nd nut flush draw in a big pot?!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Live 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally dumbfounded. You folded top pair and 2nd nut flush draw in a big pot?!

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo...the first time i read the post i didn't even respond cuz the question is so retarded...you are getting such over 10-1 on your flush draw, folding here would be beyond bad...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

bingo...the first time i read the post i didn't even respond cuz the question is so retarded...you are getting such over 10-1 on your flush draw, folding here would be beyond bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

What range do you give a smart player on the button here?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 AM

I think AX, QJ, 89,and Q9 of diamonds are all possiblities here. I think calling the turn and even checking and calling a diamond river are better than just folding the turn in this sized pot. I am not saying this is correct, but it is better than folding here.