Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Parcells retires

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738949

[ QUOTE ]
After a trying season in Dallas, Bill Parcells is retiring from coaching.

"I am retiring from coaching football," Parcells said in a statement. "I want to thank Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones for their tremendous support over the last four years. Also, the players, my coaching staff and others in the support group who have done so much to help. Dallas is a great city and the Cowboys are an integral part of it. I am hopeful that they are able to go forward from here."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Parcells retires

I guess TO is staying then.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Probably for good this time. It's too bad; he was a very good coach and a great character. The league is worse off without him.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably for good this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial reaction was, "yeah. right." But he did wait until after all the head coach vacancies were filled. It kind of tells me he didn't want to even deal with someone like Huizinga throwing a bunch of money at him.

Frankly, I can't believe he's lasted this long working for Jerry Johnson.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess TO is staying then.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a dallas hater, TO staying and Parcells leaving is def a good thing.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:02 PM

yeah this is not good news for big D. Have fun whoever takes over dealing with Glenn, TO, and Romo. Somewhere Bledsoe is planning a nice retirement.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:18 PM

"As a dallas hater, TO staying and Parcells leaving is def a good thing."

LOL. You probably aren't from Dallas so you probably only know what you hear on ESPN.com and on TV etc. and haven't listened to every single press conference he has had in his tenure with the Cowboys.

Parcells was detrimental for the most part to this team. He was too old and too set in his ways when he got here and it has bit them in the butt the entire time. He gets here and forces Zimmer to run the 3-4, a guy that has had incredible success running the 4-3...this is the equivelant of an Asian Chef perfecting his craft all his life and then one day a man come into his restaurant and tells him, "nope, no more, now you're cooking Tacos holmes!" Yet, Zimmer takes all the blame for the defensive woes and Parcells sits back and picks apart everyone like he always does.

How about how selfish this prick is? He knew he was retiring all along, look at his body language the ENTIRE YEAR. And if he didn't know speed that [censored] up b/c some very fine coaches were snagged up while you were taking your precious time making a decision you already knew was coming. We would have loved to at least to have had a chance to interview that Steelers guy, would have been a great fit...but nah, Parcells hasn't ever thought of anyone but himself.

People talk about how selfish and much of an attention whore TO is, well Parcells is right there with him. Two peas in a pod and you guys that love him b/c he brought you NY'ers a Super Bowl, well understand that there aren't a lot of people in Dallas that like him. Good riddance has been the word around here.

TSC,

Glenn hasn't been anything but a treat while with Dallas, it's like he isn't the same guy as he was in NE. Let me clarify this first **Romo isn't a great QB, he is a pretty good QB that could be very good in a few years**, why would dealing with Romo be a problem, the Ranch Reports all state that he is the first at practice and the last to leave--this has been the norm even when he was a back-up and the way Testeverde taught him to be. He watches more film than anyone on the team and everything you hear or see is nothing but class. Seems weird that you think he would be a problem. As for TO, [censored] that guy.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:25 PM

when regular college kids that i watch the game with were calling all of parcell's plays before they happened and be right a majority of the time, especially on big down situations, it's not a good look.

Parcells was a good coach, but its time for something new.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:26 PM

The Cowboys were consistantly outcoached this year.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably for good this time...

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it

[ QUOTE ]
The league is worse off without him.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true