Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Not at all hapy with Pokerstars, because:

1) All the ballyhoo about 'Stars support is just that ballyhoo, fluff with no substance. When and if I or my husband had a problem with Party Poker we picked up the phone and the problem was resolved whether it took 1,2, 3 or more PEOPLE to get it resolved. Also, if it was something that they (party) did wrong they were quick to put cash$$$$$ into your account for the problem. When was the last time anybody SPOKE to anyone at Pokerstars-Never. When was the last time someone was awarded cash for a 'Stars wrongdoing-NEVER.

2) Online poker (gambling) is now facing crisis never seen before. There was ample warning by NETELLER itself that they were going to pull out of the US market, the arrests just hastened the process. What has 'Stars done to address deposit issues-NOTHING. Epassporte is not the answer unless they intend to reimburse the Epassporte fees, paying 15% or more vig won't cut it. Again ,Party was ahead of the curve here by immediately crediting your account with a 20% unrestricted bonus when depositing with Epassporte

3) I posted this yesterday but it is worh repeating. Phone cards are the ONLY answer. 'Stars has more than enough money to either start there own telecommunication company or buy an existing one.

4) Cashouts by check-the $25 fee for having a check delivered by courier for checks under $1000 is unconscionable and really reflects on the totally indifferent attitude of 'Stars management. Sure its fine for high rollers but for for those like me and my husband who depend on grinding out a few hundred dollars per week which supplemented our income, together with the Epassporte fees and check delivery fees, playing online poker will becom EV-.

I call upon stars to get off of their duffs, stop sending canned e-mail responses to critical problems and start trating their customers like their corporate life depends on them because it does. The player count is already down by 15-20% since Wednesday. As players bust out they will be forever gone or at least until 'Stars wakes up and smells the rose. JudithR
Old 01-21-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Not at all hapy with Pokerstars, because:

[ QUOTE ]
) Cashouts by check-the $25 fee for having a check delivered by courier for checks under $1000 is unconscionable and really reflects on the totally indifferent attitude of 'Stars management.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, its free if you just have them mail you the check...
Old 01-21-2007, 12:26 PM

I've never been awarded cash because I've never been wrongdone at PokerStars but I have spoken to Lee Jones and he seemed very amiable and genuine.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:30 PM

i agree the vig with epassport is terrible. will the fish realize this remains to be seen?

how do you cash out to a phone card?

ive noticed a slight dropoff of ppl at stars but fish still abound opening UTG with a-3o. not for long, sadly.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Suggesting that Party's customer service is better than Stars' is absurd.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:33 PM

You don't cash out with a phone card, just deposit. Cashouts are not the problem. Deposits are the lifeline of any online gambling site, with no inflows of cash ALL will be out of business, its jusyt a matter of time.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:53 PM

What does this new neteller mess do to those of us U.S. players who have deposited lots using neteller and only now want to make a withdrawal? On the cashout page, pokerstars says: "Deposits made by NETeller... [etc., etc.] ... will be credited back to the same deposit method, up to the amount purchased."
It doesn't seem like they are even giving me the CHOICE to receive a check in the mail. ???? A neteller credit is useless to me now, obviously.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't cash out with a phone card, just deposit. Cashouts are not the problem. Deposits are the lifeline of any online gambling site, with no inflows of cash ALL will be out of business, its jusyt a matter of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites aren't going out of business... even if there are 0 US players [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM

judith,

saying party support is better than stars' is almost as funny as the world's funniest joke.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Augie, yes Party Poker didn't answer e-amils, but they had a 24/7 phone line and a live person came on within seconds unless the site was down. Yes, they didn't speak English well and had difficulty understnading what you were saying BUT any and all problems were solved while you were on the line ALWAYS and as mentioned before they were quick to credit your account with CASH for your troubles. I believe CS support had the authority to credit up to $50 for any one problem. Waiting to receive a propmpt canned message from 'Stars support doesn't cut it. I'll agree that 'Stars is head and shoulders better than all the rest of the sites but they are light years behind Party Poker's live support. I didn't join this forum to get into a flaming fight with a bunch of 20 something wiseguys. My husband and I have been playing poker since the early 1970's. We are both respected posters at RGP, my husband refuses to post on this site because he doesn't respect most of the wise asses here. I'm posting not to enlighten people but in the hope someone in authority at Pokerstars, WSEX etc is reading this stuff. Again, Pokerstars has indeed dropped the ball, if they're pulling out of the US, just say so. Uncertainty is the highest form of anxiety.