Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Moving up in Limits

I have been playing .25/.50 for some time now and have become a solid winner over at least 10K hands multitabeling 4 tables. I'm planning on moving up to .50/1 soon. When I moved from .05/.10 to .25/.50 it took me pretty long to get back to constantly winning and being confident about my game. Would I have to expect that every time I go up a level or is that effect stronger between the very lowest level and the second lowest level (it's also a 400% increase and not a 100% increase as most times).

Also, I'm playing on Pacific right now without rakeback or bonuses. How do the other sites compare in softness of the games? I really like the fact that there are so many idiots on Pacific but ever since they introduced multitabeling and banned US players it has gotten a lot harder so I was just wondering if the grass is greener on another site.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Moving up in Limits

You could just play .5/1 for one session a week. Then drop down again. Next week, if you won that session the week prior, play 2 sessions at the new level. If you won at those, play 3 the week after, else drop down on that day's session where you were loosing.
So you can slowly develop a feeling fo the new limits.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could just play .5/1 for one session a week. Then drop down again. Next week, if you won that session the week prior, play 2 sessions at the new level. If you won at those, play 3 the week after, else drop down on that day's session where you were loosing.
So you can slowly develop a feeling fo the new limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would work. I haven't noticed much of a change in the play between .25/.50 and .5/1 so I wouldn't get too nervous about making the jump up as long as you have the bankroll for it. I'd look for a site that has a decent bonus and/or rakeback and has enough tables at your limit. The Pokerstars bonus is okay, and clears fairly quickly at .5/1 but there's no rakeback there. FullTilt has both, but there aren't as many tables. UB has both, but it's harder to find .5/1 for some reason. I'm not quite sure why, because there are a fair number of .25/.50 and 1/2 tables.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:05 AM

I play only two tables at the same time. When I was moving to 0.50/1.0 I played one 0.25/0.50 table and one 0.50/1.0 table. So you can replace one or two 0.25/0.50 tables with 0.50/1.0 tables and see how it feels. I think that way the transition is softer. At sites where I play I noticed 0.50/1.0 to be a bit tighter and more aggressive.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:07 PM

Pacific is ridiculously soft up to 1/2. A VPIP average of 40% is an indicator.
At 2/4 the full ring tables are usually populated by 8 shark and 2 fish. But the 6max tables are better.
I would stay at Pacific if I were you.