Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Couple quick questions a buddy asked me about today....

A friend was playing at Foxwoods today in the 1-2 NL game and had a hand come up that was interesting on a few levels.

A bit of back ground: My friend has done extremely well over the last 7 months playing live 1/2. He came to Vegas during the WSOP and played 2 sessions at Ceasars and won 1000, played a few FW sessions with 2, 1k+ days, including today.

His play is very aggressive willing to bet hard and some times he has it some times he doesn't. Willing at times to throw chips around especially if he is up during the session. Very rarely will he make big bluffs allin bluffs or stack off calling with weak hands.

Anyway, typical day for him and he is up to 800 from his initial 300 buy in.

He gets called on a string raise: Action was on him in the BB and he there is a 20.00 bet to him and he stacking his chips well behind his cards and cuts off 50. Puts a stack of 20 with a stack of 30 next to it and then says raise and puts out the 20 then the 30.

String raise is called by the initial raiser. Floor comes. Its ruled a string raise. Flop is Axx, buddy bets pot and nit folds.

Now he is pissed. Not to mention that on multiple occassions the IWTSH is called on his cards during the day.

Few hands later buddy raises to 15 from LP first in with A9x. Typical raise for him and the table.

Nit from before in the BB has 600 behind and "jokingly" says "allin" as he tosses his cards to the dealer.

Dealer takes the cards looks at the player and pushes 3 bucks to my buddy.

Friend had the BB covered but could he have called the floor over and made the allin binding? Would've the BBs hand been dead if hit the muck?

Do you make the call holding A9x and facing an allin bet from a seemingly random hand?

I wasn't there so all this is coming second hand but I think the first string raise could go either way. Personally I'd rather just announce my amount and put it all out at once. Nothing bothers me more at the table then the guy that says raise then puts out the call and then puts out 5 stacks of 2 chips.

On the second fake allin I think I call the floor immediately. If only because the guy was a nit earlier.

If its ruled an allin do you call?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Couple quick questions a buddy asked me about today....

Since when does calling someone on a string raise make you a nit?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:57 AM

If it wasn't a string raise to begin with? He said raise, put out the call then went back for the additional chips.

Confusing yes. Common in this game yes.

Dude also had been asking to see his mucked winning cards on a regular basis. How is that not being a nit?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dude also had been asking to see his mucked winning cards on a regular basis. How is that not being a nit?

[/ QUOTE ]

You hadn't said that it was the same guy responsible for asking to see your friend's hand. You just said that he had been asked.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention that on multiple occassions the IWTSH is called on his cards during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-21-2007, 01:03 AM

Sorry it wasn't clear.

Bottom line is they had a history.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nit from before in the BB has 600 behind and "jokingly" says "allin" as he tosses his cards to the dealer.

Dealer takes the cards looks at the player and pushes 3 bucks to my buddy.

Friend had the BB covered but could he have called the floor over and made the allin binding? Would've the BBs hand been dead if hit the muck?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should not be ruled as all-in, but given that it is Foxwoods you never know what kind of ruling you might get.

[ QUOTE ]
He gets called on a string raise: Action was on him in the BB and he there is a 20.00 bet to him and he stacking his chips well behind his cards and cuts off 50. Puts a stack of 20 with a stack of 30 next to it and then says raise and puts out the 20 then the 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a string raise, but it's Foxwoods, so dela with it.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they playing this game with $1 chips?

If they're $5 chips, why on earth would somebody make two trips to move ten chips?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 AM

No they are 5.00 chips. I definetely fault my friend for making 2 moves but that is typical. Not sure why but players like to put out the calls seperate from the raise.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:34 AM

Is the floor that bad at Foxwoods?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the floor that bad at Foxwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

On average, yes.