Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Default WWYD?

3rd hand or so at table no specific reads. Could have bet full on the flop but figured that would kill the action. Turn action screams that at least one of them has made the straight. Whats your move?

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$2
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $122
UTG+1: $104
Hero: $192
CO: $115
Button: $321
SB: $50
BB: $117

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG calls $2, UTG+1 folds, Hero bets $10, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $8, BB calls $8, UTG calls $8.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($40, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $30, SB calls $30, BB calls $30, UTG folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($130, 3 players)

SB bets $10 and is all-in, BB bets $77 and is all-in, Hero ?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: WWYD?

I would call. WWYAUT?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 AM

If we assume BB has the str, this is a fold. With at best 10 outs this is less than $1 in EV. And we surely cannot believe we have the full 10 outs, somebody should have 1 pair / 2 pair / set here.

So unless I have a read on BB that says he is a moron and full of BS, I fold this (He needs to have 2 pair / set / SD / FD a lot for our call to be +EV).
Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call. WWYAUT?

[/ QUOTE ]

A call assumes that some of the time neither or just the larger stacked BB doesn't already have the nuts, because if the pot size is right it looks like you are putting in 26% of the money on hopes of the board pairing?

I think I'd probably lean toward folding but a call could never been a huge mistakes. I'd wait until I had better reads on these players and call with an increased chance of the above scenario being true.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 AM

Was it a mistake not to bet fully on the flop?
The first guy would not have been able to make a minbet on turn and I would have had odds for my "10-outer" if the second guy pushes.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold this (He needs to have 2 pair / set / SD / FD a lot for our call to be +EV).

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't do the maths but I'm pretty sure he only has to have a worse hand occasionally, you are usually beaten here but I would call every time.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Guys,

What do you reckon this guy is calling preflop though that he's also calling a $30 bet on the flop to a straight? There's just something retarded about the whole situation. I think he has a set of 8s at best.

There's nothing I can see him calling with on the flop that he would have called with pre-flop. And even if he did pick up some little wrap to the straight...he's calling 30 with it when ... well, I can't imagine he's got many outs if he puts you on AA.

If he shows a straight, please tell me his alias. Tough call but I think you're good here.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:25 PM

call, you almost have odds to hit your full house and I imagine some of the time you are good here, and when you are your edge is very big, and when you are behind it is only to a straight to which you still have 10 outs. Betting anywhere from half the pot to the full pot on the flop seems fine.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:49 AM

I think the reason this is a call is because of the pot odds. Its fairly likely at least 1 of them has a straight. Hopefully its the shorter stack guy, but your risking 77 dollars to win over 200. I couldn't throw this away.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold this (He needs to have 2 pair / set / SD / FD a lot for our call to be +EV).

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't do the maths but I'm pretty sure he only has to have a worse hand occasionally, you are usually beaten here but I would call every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but if I stick to the OP assumption (that at least one of them has the str), then I strongly believe this is a fold.

And omaha is all about reads when you are in spots like these.