Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Will all us U.S. players end up playing at Betzip by default one day?

They seem to be pretty upbeat these days. I do respect them for finding a business plan to play tournaments online for cash prizes that appears to be legal in the U.S. But is it enough?

Maybe when they can get enough customers to jump the payouts into the 100k area it will draw more interest.

But they claim to be legal in the U.S. and the credit card companies seem to agree.

Any opinions on the legalities of their business plan in the U.S.? Would players pay a set monthly fee to go after cash payouts in MTT's? It appears so by their numbers so far.

I may try it out since they are offering the first month for free right now while they try to entice US players in these dark days. Good strategy on their part.

Might be fun, but doesn't look to be more than for the recreational player who doesn't want to lose more than 20 bucks per month in a membership fee.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Will all us U.S. players end up playing at Betzip by default one day?

I'd play it if only the prizes were worth a damn. I don't want to pay a $20 monthly fee only to be condemned to 2000-player MTTs with $20 prize pools. If I wanted that, I'd just go back to Stars freerolls.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Will all us U.S. players end up playing at Betzip by default one d

From what I understand it would be considered legal
Old 01-19-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Will all us U.S. players end up playing at Betzip by default one day?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it if only the prizes were worth a damn. I don't want to pay a $20 monthly fee only to be condemned to 2000-player MTTs with $20 prize pools. If I wanted that, I'd just go back to Stars freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.
however, if either betzip or a different/new site used this same structure with better prizes and on a larger scale it could be quite inviting to fish and pros alike.
Couldn't a site like this also set up play money tables and have play money be exchangable for merchandise (to simulate cash games)?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Will all us U.S. players end up playing at Betzip by default one d

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.
however, if either betzip or a different/new site used this same structure with better prizes and on a larger scale it could be quite inviting to fish and pros alike.
Couldn't a site like this also set up play money tables and have play money be exchangable for merchandise (to simulate cash games)?

[/ QUOTE ]

From their upcoming tourney list I see 1000 and 600 insta cash tourneys offered as well as a 5k Super Qualifier. Not sure what that means.

Now if they had 100k Super Qualifiers and 5k insta cash tourneys they might get some interest.